Meet//College

You Meet Him While You're In College~

Louis:

"Last one" you smiled, plopping the last box of your stuff on the floor. You had just moved into your residence, and you couldn't be more nervous and excited to start college. The summer was dwindling to an end, and school was going to be starting soon. You started organzing your clothes in your closet when you heard a soft knock on your door. "Coming" you shouted, hanging up your last shirt and going to the door. You opened it and a boy was standing in the doorway with two huge boxes and a fish tank. "Hi, I'm Louis, I seemed to have bitten off more than I can chew and I can't unlock and open the door quick enough. Would you mind?" he asked, and you nodded. "The, uh, the key's in my pocket" he said, and you smiled. "Which one?" you asked, and he did a turn, indicating his back pocket. You couldn't believe the size of his bum as your hand inched towards his pocket. "There better be a key in here" you smirked, and Louis laughed lightly. You fished out the key card and waved it in his face. "You're lucky" you said, swiping the key card against the door and opening the door. You held it as he walked in and took the aquarium off the top of the pile so Louis could safely set the boxes down. "Where's the fish?" you asked, setting the tank on the floor. "Fish?" Louis said, and you glanced down at the aquarium. "Oh no, I keep rats in that" he said, and you jumped back. "Seriously?" you asked, and Louis started laughing. "Nemo, clown fish of course, is in the car. I should go grab him" Louis said, rushing out the door. You smiled and returned to your room, continuing to unpack. After about five minutes, you heard a knock on the door. You ran over and opened it, and Louis was there again. "Hi neighbor" you said, and Louis smiled. "I think you have my key card" he said, with Nemo swimming in a little Tupperware container. "Oh, right, sorry" you said, grabbing the key card out of your pocket. Louis took it out of your hand, and you swore you could feel electricity running between your hands when they touched. Louis obviously felt it too, because he stepped back slightly and his cheeks went red. "So, I don't know if you have plans for dinner, but I was going to order a pizza. I will be alone, if you wanted to come over?" he offered, not able to make eye contact. "Yeah, I'd like that. Just, uh, knock on my door. You know where I live" you smiled, and Louis laughed lightly looking up at you. "Well, I should probably put Nemo back" he said, looking at the Tupperware container. "Yeah I think his dad is looking for him" you said, putting your hand on the door to close it. Louis started laughing as you started to close the door. "Oh wait" he said, putting his foot between the door and the wall. You reopened the door and smiled. "I didn't get your name" Louis said, and you smirked. "Y/N" you said, and Louis nodded. "Y/N, well, nice to meet you Y/N" he said and you smirked. "See you soon" you said, closing the door. You heard his door open and shut as you slid down yours, giggling to yourself about how good of a year this was going to be.

Niall:

"Alright, I'm coming!" you shouted to your friend. You were in the locker room. You tightened your ponytail and fixed the waist band of your yoga pants before jogging out to meet your friends. "Take it easy on me today, I'm not in the mood to be here at all" you said, and your friend frowned at you. "Jason is an idiot. You know that. He shouldn't have led you on like that, but the best way to get your frustration out is to work it out" your friend said. You rolled your eyes as she bounced through the turnstile. You waved your card and pushed your way through as she walked to the treadmill. "2 mile warm up jog?" she offered, and you shrugged and nodded. You started your treadmill and got on. As you started jogging, you glanced around the gym. A couple of buff guys were working out together on the weight machines on the left hand side, a girl's yoga class was happening in the private room. You looked over and there was a guy bench pressing. His blonde hair hung down, dripping with sweat. He was wearing a loose tank top that fell off him except the parts that stuck with sweat and shorts. It was almost like he felt your glance, because he glanced over at you before you could turn away. You kept on your jog, but kept stealing at the boy. You caught him looking a couple times, and clearly you weren't the only one to notice. "Um, how do you know Niall?" your friend asked, and you broke your trance to look at her. "Who?" you asked, and she flipped her head towards the boy. "Niall? Niall Horan? I took an elective with him one time. Class clown, really funny but he seemed really reserved. And smarter than I expected" she said, and you shrugged. "I don't know him, I just think he's cute" you laughed, and she smiled. "Go talk to him. Second best way to get over a guy is to get under another" she said, and your eyes went wide. "You were thinking it too. Go" she said, and you looked at Niall frantically. He was getting up, so you kept jogging watching to see where he would go. Surprisingly, he walked towards the treadmills. He got on the one beside you, and started it. "Hey, I'm Niall" he said, smiling. His perfect white teeth mesmerized you. "I'm Y/N" you replied and he smiled. "I haven't noticed you here before" he said, his treadmill moving at a walk pace. He seemed awkward on it, and you could tell he didn't use the treadmill often. "I don't usually come, I just have been feeling down lately so I wanted to come" you said, and Niall frowned. "Why?" he asked. "I uh, I was talking to this guy and he kind of led me on. He made it seem he wanted something serious and then left" you said, slightly embarrassed. "What an idiot. Why wouldn't he want something serious with you?" Niall said, and you laughed. "Well that's flattering... Niall?" you said, and he nodded. "Niall, like the river, not the Patrick-Harris" he said, and you laughed. "You're a funny guy" you said, slowing your treadmill down to a walk. "Y/N, I'm going to the elliptical" your friend said, and she hopped off and went to the other side of the gym. "You know Kat?" he asked, and you nodded. "We met at a party a few months ago" you said, and he nodded. "That's cool. We had a class together. She seems a little..." Niall started. "Spacey?" you asked, and Niall nodded slowly. "Yeah, spacey. She lives on planet Kat" Niall said, and you smirked. You and Niall kept chatting, about what you were studying, where you were living and what you did for fun. You found out Niall had his own place, he was studying sound engineering and he liked playing guitar. You waved to Kat as she left the gym and you and Niall kept walking on the treadmill. Eventually, one of the attendants came over and told you the gym was closing. "I burned 1200 calories just now" you smirked as you walked from the gym to the locker room with Niall. "Well, you would have calories to spare if you came with me to Nandos. What do you think?" he asked as you got to the girl's changeroom. "Mmm, I love Nandos" you said, and Niall's beautiful smile widened. "So I will meet you out here?" he asked, and you nodded. You couldn't wipe the smile off your face as you walked towards your locker, got changed, and went to meet Niall. Kat had been right, nothing got your mind off Jason faster than the gym.