Chapter 20

«Solaira»
.
.
.
The air was warm and welcoming, filled with the chatter of long awaited conversations. The school year was over. Gryffindor had won the house cup, thanks to points awarded at the last minute to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and myself for our attempt at protecting the Stone. The decorations in the Great Hall were now sporting red and gold, as they would until the announcement of the winners next year. I was so proud of Harry, he'd been through a lot. This year had proven that he wasn't the stuck-up "celebrity" many thought he was. He was a boy with a heart of gold. My hero. It was sad to see our wardrobes empty and our trunks packed. I couldn't imagine not having him around.  It was sad to imagine the next few months without my friends around me. However, we had already made plans to spend time together at Ron's, Harry too, if he was allowed to get away. Platform 9 ¾ was crowded with students meeting their families. Soon, I'd see Luna and my dad again. But for now, I wanted to spend as long as I had with Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Harry," I said, enveloping him in the tightest hug I could give. I felt heat slowly creeping it's way onto my cheeks. We'd never hugged like this before. He stiffened for a moment before fully giving in to the hug, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm going to miss you too, Solaira." I rested my cheek on his shoulder, taking in his scent. My heart began to race. This moment was truly perfect. When Ron cleared his throat, I awkwardly let go and held Harry's hands in mine. I saw that his cheeks were dusted with a blush and it made me wish I had a camera to capture the moment. "Please don't forget to write."

"Alright, that's enough, Solaira. Let him say goodbye to us too," Ron shook his head, laughing, and patted him on the back. "Don't let those Muggles get you down. We'll be back here before you know it." Harry shook his hand and smiled. "Thanks for everything, Ron. I'll keep practicing wizard chess so I can beat you one of these times." Ron laughed and stepped aside for Hermione. She gave him a quick hug and slung her arm around his shoulders. "If you need anything, anything at all, just send an owl." Harry smiled. "Hermione, thanks for all you've done. I can't wait to see what's in store next year."

Soon, Ron ran off to join his family, his mom wrapping her arms around him in a bone crushing hug. Hermione ran off to find her parents in the thick crowd, leaving Harry and myself alone. Through the sea of faces, Luna and my dad appeared. "Solaira! Solaira! Are you ready to go?" my dad called out. "This is it," I said, looking down, my nerves getting the best of me for the first time since I'd gotten here. "Well, I'll see you later, Harry," I said awkwardly and waved at him. I started to make my way to my family, Hoodini chirping loudly in his cage. "Solaira wait!" Harry shouted. When I turned around to see what was the matter, he pressed his lips against my cheek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's the end of year one! I hope you guys liked it. Thank you for reading and sticking with the it until the very end. You guys really are the best. Please vote on your favorite chapter and comment on this chapter who you would like to see Solaira with in the future. Feedback is always welcome! Love you guys!
-Em