2. Homecoming

~Jade~

We all met up at Rose's house before going to the dance. Kanaya was there with the outfits for Dave and I. Once I was in the dress she had made for me, I headed back downstairs to recollect with everyone. The first thing I noticed was that it seemed like Dave's eyes were going to pop out of his head for a second before he fixed his glasses and put on his cool facade. He couldn't possibly have any feelings for me, could he? 

"You look marvelous, Jade." Rose rushed over to me with a smile. 

"She does clean up very well." Kanaya commented a moment later.

"Thanks." I responded. 

"Whatever, can we just get going. Fawning over Jade's looks was old before she even came downstairs." Karkat stated, grumpily.

"Alright, we're going." John stated quickly. We all headed outside and got into Rose's mom's minivan. We were soon off towards the school where they were holding the dance due to under-funding. As soon as our tickets were taken and we were let in, John and Karkat ran off into the direction of the punch table and Rose and Kanaya headed for the outside of the dance floor. While, Dave and I, stood in awkward silence for a few minutes. 

"So, you want to steal a table?" He asked, trying to break the silence.

"Sure." I gave him a smile. We quickly got into conversation then, forgetting where we were. A slow dance came on out of the blue, and Dave pulled me to the dance floor. My face glowed red but I hoped he couldn't see with such little light. I got so caught in the moment that it felt like it was just us forever, yet the song still ended too quickly and we were all being sent home. My house was the last we stopped at besides Dave's and as I got out of the van, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I gave a quick smile before heading inside. I felt like my insides were going to explode. Maybe there is a chance between us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heading into school on Monday, I noticed instantly that Dave wasn't with our friend group in the morning, nor was he in the first few classes. Did he have that bad a night last night? To say I was worried was a bit of an understatement. He was, however, there by lunch. "Hey guys." He said it so casually, like he hadn't just missed half of a day of school for seemingly no reason. Well, there definitely could have been a reason, I just didn't know what it was.

"Where have you been?" John was the first to ask.

"No where. Hey, Jade, think we could talk for a minute." My heart felt like it was trying to run away. What could he possibly want? It's not bad is it?

"Of course Dave." I'd tried to respond as calm as possible. We headed out of the lunch room to a alcove where nearly no one was around.

"I had a great time last night." Almost immediately, I felt myself calm down.

"So did I." I gave a bright smile, because it was true. It was one of the best nights of my life.

"I was thinking, that maybe, you and I could try the waters a bit. See if we could take our friendship to a new level?" Great, my face was red again.

"Yeah." I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my face and he, apparently, couldn't help his.

"Great." He gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek and grabbed my hand. "Here, these are for you." They were seeds for my garden.

"Thanks, these are the best." I returned his kiss with my own. Scratch that, today is the best day of my life. 

[THE END]

A/N: I hope that I did good with this. I've never written in Jade's POV before nor have I ever written a DaveJade so hopefully it's not too bad. If this wasn't what you were looking for, sorry it's just what came to me when you messaged me saying you wanted to request a DaveJade. As you didn't give me an au or story plot, I had to go with what I first thought of. If you would like a longer one, just let me know. And, for anyone else reading this, requests and commissions are open. If you want it to be guaranteed to be written and have more control over what happens, commissions are the way to go. If you just want a more obscure ship (that isn't one that's restricted) with not much preference on how it's written (as well as no care for it taking much longer to be written) then requests are more of the way to go. That is all for now. Bye!