Chapter 2

"No!" The villains instantly stopped. That voice... "Say it isn't true!" they frantically looked around the room until they saw an open window "So you all are fighting other heroes now." Spider-Man jumped onto the ledge. "No that's fine. I see how it is. Did I get too boring for you?"

"Spider-Man!" the villain's faces all lit up with evil smiles. Now the Avengers were confused. Did Spider-Man know these guys?

"No don't try to make up for it." Spider-Man jumped down to the ground "I'm not mad but I am hurt. I thought we had a thing. You know! Spidey versus the Sinister Six! We made headlines together! But I understand. The Avengers are more popular than me..."

"Oh quit your blabbing web head!" Scorpion attempted to blast him with venom.

Pete jumped back with plenty of time thanks to his Spidey Sense "What? And now you don't like my puns and witty banter?! But that's my best feature!"

"Well it won't be for long cuz we've been sent to destroy you!" Rhino charged him but Spidey just jumped onto his back.

"Sent huh?" Peter grabbed a head piece from behind the villain's ear then jumped off. "Hello? This is your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man I would like to order a pizza."

"Spider-Man..." Peter held off attacks from left and right as he talked to the man.

"King Pin is that you? How have you been?" Punch to Shocker.

"I will end you wall crawler." Jump over Doc Oc's arms.

"End me? Well I'm sorry You're going to have to take a number." Block Chameleon's kick. "You see a lot of people want to end me at the moment." Web Rhino's face. "I'll try to fit you in though. Let's see... tomorrow I'm fighting the Green Goblin..." Dodge Scorpion's acid. "Um... Wednesday I think Venom wanted to meet up down town. Thursday's Hobgoblin. And Friday's Vulture." Crack Mysterio's fish bowl. "Sorry it looks like I'm all booked up until next Monday! I like to keep my weekends free for the smaller criminals. You know muggers and such."

King Pin growled "Get him!!!"

The villains attacked from all sides but Peter kept his cool. This was by no means his first rodeo.

Steve had had enough! " We've got to help him!" He threw his shield at Doctor Octopus and was about to punch Chameleon when Peter knocked him to the ground. He watched as one of Shocker's blasts passed through right where he had been standing.

Spider-Man helped him up "I appreciate the assist before I got here gramps, why don't you leave these jokers to the professional web slinger around these parts. Trust me, I fight these guys enough to know them like the back of my hand." and before he could even protest Peter had run off and thrown himself back into the fight. This left the Avengers to just awkwardly stand in the doorway hoping that they might be needed eventually.

~line break~

Spider-Man had tied up all of the Sinister Six. But luckily King Pin still had one more trick up his sleeve. "Release... The Lizard!"

~line break~

Peter dusted off his hands "Well that was easy! You guys really need to be more creative with your attacks! I'm starting to get board!" He was about to call the police when suddenly his Spidey Sense started tingling. He looked over and saw one of the walls starting to disappear. One of Mysterio's tricks! When the illusion faded there was "Doctor Connors?!" The Lizard was free. While caught off guard he swung his tale at Peter and knocked him into a wall.

"Now's our chance!" Tony cheered as the rest of the Avengers got ready to take down this massive monster. He held up his hand to fire a repulser blast at it but...