21

The only chapter that will be in third person.

•••

Seokjin watched as her body began to shake. She held onto her own sweater tightly, hanging her head while her bangs covered her faces. He noticed the small droplets of water that fell from behind her bangs. He could feel himself tense up, unable to say anything or move. He watched as she furiously rubbed at her eyes, a few hiccups escaping here and there.

"I feel like you deserve to know why I wished for. . . a boyfriend." She began to talk softly, unable to form a full sentence without sniffing. "A month ago - before I wished for you - I was in a relationship with someone. It was a toxic relationship. . ."

Seokjin wanted to stand up, stop her from talking, but at the same time he wanted to know.

"I was forced to live with such a horrible person, abused everyday because I wasn't good enough, yelled at because I couldn't fulfill his idea of a 'perfect girlfriend'. He always threw bottles of glass at the walls. Always threw a tantrum every time he came back from the bar. I knew for a fact he was cheating on me, but I couldn't do anything. . . He two-timed me for the longest time ever, had sex with my best friend, and even paid a prostitute to sleep with him because I wasn't good enough in bed. I was sick and tired of having him in my life, but because I was too damn scared to do anything, I had to live in hell for months and months." She looked up, eyes red and puffy from crying. Her hands were desperately holding onto the cloth covering her arms. She was close to breaking down, but she kept her composure. Seokjin was envious about how strong she was. "That's why I wished upon that star that night. I wanted someone to talk to, someone to actually talk to me because of who I am. I didn't think my wish would be granted, seeing how much of a mess my life is currently. You have no clue who happy I was to see a new face. I've been cooped up in this small house for months because of him. He only recently got into a car crash, but because of the things he's done. . . I wasn't ready to face the world again. I didn't want to meet someone like him again."

Seokjin stood up from the chair he was sitting him, walking towards her with his arms out. Her body was trembling, trembling from the horrible flashbacks. She could see herself sitting in the corner of the living room, cuts all around her skin due to his sudden outrage. She could hear her screams from that night, begging to stop throwing his beer bottles all around the room. Seokjin held onto her tightly, burying his face into the crook of her neck. "I-I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. . ." The sound of her small whimpers broke his heart. Who on earth would do such a thing to such a beautiful girl? "I would never, do that to you."

He continued to hold onto her close, his hands gripping onto the back of her sweater tightly. Her hiccups and sniffles made Seokjin mad, but at the same time completely broken. The two fell to the ground, him holding onto her tightly and her continuing to cry into his shoulder. His shirt was wet, but he didn't mind at all. He wanted her to cry, to let out all the pain she had felt during those horrific several months. He absolutely despised the man who hurt her. He wanted to throw a tantrum of his own. He wanted to break the man's face, throw punch after punch until he learned his damn lesson.

Her arms snaked around Seokjin's waist, holding onto him tightly. "C-Can we sta-stay like this? . . Pl-Please? . ." She stuttered quietly into his shoulder. He could imagine her bottom lip quivering. His heart broke even more. At this point his heart could be in two.

"Of course. . ." He began to slowly run his hand down the back of her head, patting her as gently as possible, afraid her could break her at any minute. "Anything you want."

"Thank you, Seokjin. . ." She whispered, holding onto him ever-so tightly. "Thank you for being here. . ."

•••

My heart broke writing this. I actually began to tear up almost.