X

"We almost- he wanted us to kiss," she awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck. The sound of her voice making her feel even more weird as she tried to collect herself and her thoughts.

Everest now visibly fuming ignored her, not caring what she had to say. He wanted to fight something, not caring of his responsibility to babysit. This type of security for a human in a reinforced cell was pointless.

"Are we not gonna talk about this?!" Orion yelled, regaining some sense of herself to get his attention, "helloOo?!" She yelled again to snap him out of his daze, "I know you're just as confused as I am right now."

"What could you possibly need to talk about? And why do you assume I would confide in you?" He was growling back through the cell, gripping the metal bars. The silver sizzling against his skin, but he kept squeezing, un-phased by the pain.

"Um maybe the fact that he'd much rather see us get it on than him rubbing all up on me himself. That makes absolutely no sense unless he's punishing you too," she huffed, "dumbass."

"Just shut your mouth for once. Try not talking at all." He shook the bars, rattling the cell door. Furrowing her brows she stepped forward. "That'll never happen unless you make me," her eyes narrowing, threatening him.

"You're in no position to even try to intimidate me. Did you forget that hunter?"

In a fast motion she delivered a strong punch to his face through the bars. Her hand instantly breaking from the impact as she was able to inflict some sort of pain for Everest in his nose as a single drop of blood fell. Slowly wiping it, he twitched trying to contain his temper.

Grabbing her hand she held it to her chest and turned around. Breathing harsh through her teeth, trying to ease the pain. Ignoring everything around her she focused on her hand as she slightly rocked her body back and forth. She barely noticed Everest opened the cell door and was reaching for her in a non threatening way after collecting himself.

"Don't touch me!" She attempted to shove him away with her free hand. He looked at her broken hand with a ghost of a smirk, "how many times do I have to tell you that?"

"You knew that wasn't going end well for you, so why do it?" he continued reaching for her injured hand, trying to heal it. Semi-glad she punched him. It was as if she smacked some control back into him and distracted him from trying to figure out Orpheus' game.

"Because you need to understand that I'm not some fragile little human. I'm a hunter: a damn good one and I hate you. Everything about you I despise," she spat before silence fell between them as he regarded her with boredom, "and I couldn't help myself since you deserve it." He finally snatched her hand away by her wrist while she rambled.

Inspecting it carefully, neither of them had realized how suspiciously close they were standing to one another as he began the process of trying to heal it.

"Ask me," he offered as he turned her hand around, making sure it was healing properly.

She sharply inhaled and without hesitating began, "why did that feel like a punishment for you instead of me?" her inquisitive eyes staring up into his, "I can tell you have some sort of an idea," her eyebrows furrowed while she inspected his body language.

"No one understands him except for him," his eyes cold and distant, "you mean that being forced to kiss me is a reward for you?" He raised a brow at her, trying to flip the meaning of her question. Her hand still in his grasp, they were inches apart as they looked at one another. Gray eyes landed on her throat as she swallowed hard, unable to explain her sudden nervousness.

The air between them beginning to thicken as her breaths got more shallow. The temperature of his skin, causing goosebumps to rise all over her forearm.