Party One: Aware

January 9th 1989
Dear Hope,
This year will be different
You won't be able to tell me what to do
You won't be able to talk to me
You can't take over my life

" Jessica Wilson" said the principal. Jessica was a great girl I thought. Why'd she die so young? Poor hope she's probably devastated that her best friend died. I thought.
"These disgusting rumors" the principal said. Rumors? What rumors? I tried to scan my memory. Wait her being a lesbian I thought that was true. I don't think she'd take her life because of that. The memorial ended and we continued the rest of the day. I still couldn't get over the face she'd take her life because of something she said was true.
"Hey Quin" A voice from behind me said. I look behind me and it's my friend West. "What's up?" I asked. He walked next to me we were walking to our next class together "What do you think Mr. Jones meant when he said 'disgusting rumors'" "Will to be honest i have no idea I was thinking and it couldn't be because she was lesbian I mean everyone knew that she even said it was true and no one was giving her a hard time about it" I said looking up at him. "Wait you didn't hear?" Will said looking ahead. "Obviously not" I said looking in the same direction. "Apparently she made out with Hope" he said. "Wait Hope? Like Hope Edd her best friend?" "Yep" "wow" I said more confused. How have I not heard about this before? Me and West made it to our class we sat down at the science bench I was still thinking hard and long. How?