solace || namjoon

[requested]

summary : after having a horrible day at work, namjoon would come into your arms for comfort

genre : angst & soft joon ?? ye
warning [!] some profanities included !!

a/n; if u read this before i made major edits to it !! tbh this is kinda meh but enjoy

word count : 1800+ im lazy to count

————

The living room had no other sounds besides the soft humming of your television playing in the background (which you barely paid attention to), as you waited for your boyfriend to return home. You remembered Namjoon smiling at you brightly after giving you a quick peck before he left you for work, making you blush at the thought of him. It's been 16 hours since you last saw him and you couldn't wait to hold him in your arms again.

The clock on the wall was showing that it was 15 minutes past midnight. You sighed, staring at your phone screen as you anticipated for a phone call or text from Namjoon, but received none. You wouldn't be surprised if he'd text you saying that he couldn't make it home for the night, but your heart leaped in joy when you heard keys jingling from outside. You pushed yourself off the couch, hastily going up to the front door and swung it open before Namjoon could unlock it himself.

"Namjoon!" You elatedly called him and you were about to reach out to hug him, but hesitated when you saw his expressions that evidently showed that he was in distress.

Namjoon slightly smiled at you, but you knew better. You knew he was feeling down, something must've happened at work. Dropping your hands to his sides, you squeezed his hands softly and thought of ways to comfort him, but you couldn't seem to say anything. You pressed your lips together, staring at him blankly. Then he knew you caught on, so he didn't even try to hide his gloom and pulled his hands away from yours, somehow gently but it still felt as if a sharp knife was pierced through your chest.

You felt helpless, you wanted to make him feel better but at the same time, you weren't really sure how.

Namjoon stepped into the apartment, before walking straight into the short hallway and made a turn into the room. Thousands of questions ran through your mind but you chose not to say a word, just yet, and hastily closed the front door and locked it before following after him.

When you entered the room, Namjoon was already sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone emotionlessly. It was obvious he was feeling down, but he didn't want to talk about it, nor did he seem like he was trying to hide it.

"Namjoon?" You finally spoke quietly, "What's wrong?"

He sighed, not even turning to look at you. "I'm fine, just a little tired," he said monotonously.