Chapter 5

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains of the large window beside my bed. I groaned as I rolled over to get a clear view of the clock on my bedside table.

6:54a.m.

I let my head collapse back onto the pillow.

Not even a minute later there was a quick knock at my bedroom door and then it opened.

"RISE AND SHINE SLEEPYHEAD!" I hear Olly yell at what had to be the top of his lungs. When I didn't respond Ryan yelled.

"GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED! SPRING BREAK IS OVER, YOU HAVE SCHOOL!"

I groaned again and quite literally rolled out of bed.

"There you go." Olly said, the smile clear in his voice and he closed the door behind him.

It had been a few days since the boys had come to live with me and surprisingly I was already growing close to most of them.

Most.

Matt, Olly, and Ryan had been nothing but nice to me and had been effectively helping me past my fathers... death. Despite Ryan's loose tongue. Though it still haunted most of my dreams, it no longer chocked me throughout my waking hours.

I'm not even sure that Brandon had said a word to me since they came here and had seemed to be thoroughly avoiding me. Aaron wasn't as bad. He was quiet most of the time. Talking to me, albeit minimally. And he didn't try to avoid me.

So despite Olly's words, Brandon didn't warm up to me. Aaron a little bit.

Half asleep, I walked out of my room and into my bathroom to start getting ready for school.

---

Dressed in a comfy pair of patterned leggings and my favorite burgundy off the shoulder sweater, with sleeves that were too long so I had to scrunch them up around the wrists, that my dad had gotten me for my birthday last year, I walked into the kitchen.

Matt was hovering around the stove flipping pancakes. The rest of the boys were hovering around various parts of the kitchen.