Love at first sight

One shot where camila and Lauren are married and talk about what they first thought of each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camila POV :

I'm sitting on our kitchen counter and I'm watching my wife cooking for tonight's diner when a thought come to my mind.

' babe, what did you thought of me the first time we met ?' I ask Lauren.

She stops what she's doin' and face me, leaning against the counter

' do you want me to be honest with you ?' She says while cleaning her hands, not really looking at me.

I nodded

' of course Lau' that's why I asked' I sais chuckling lightly.

she looks at me seriously and I'm starting to think that it was a bad idea. But if she really didn't liked me, we wouldn't be married so I have nothing to be worried about... but still.

' I thought you were a really weird and loud person, you wouldn't stop talking. But you were Dinah's best friend so why not'

WOW. Sayin that I was shocked is an understatement.

'wow that's .. WOW'

'What ? you wanted honesty. But for me it doesn't matter now, because after the movie, I only had one thing in my mind.... You. You were like an obsession, it was like you had infected me, you were like a poison that was consuming me. And it's still true, you're like a drug to me and sometimes it scares me, It scares me because I know that I'd do anything for you, litteraly anything. But then you just laugh or make a cringy joke or simply look at me, and I know that everything will be okay. So yeah my first thought of you wasn't really good but it has changed and I'm glad it did.'

I was fighting the tears that were forming in my eyes. Lauren always had this thing with the words, they just come so easily, like, she always know what to say.

' Gosh I love you' i say trying to catch my tears before they fell and a little dumbfounded by what she just had said

she chuckle slightly 'I love you too'

silence fell upon us. She was starring at me ; while I was pretending not to notice. It was something that we were doing a lot. Usually it was when I was writting some music, or when she was reading. It was natural. But then she broke the silence.

'But you didn't tell me what you tought of me' she says with a little, playful smile. Damn I love that smile

Now I don't know if I want to tell her my point of view. It kinda hurts me that she didn't like me at first, I always thought that it was love at first sigh, I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'm overreacting but, I feel like it's all been a lie since the beginning.

I think I've been in my own world for a bit cause, my wife's worried voice take me out of my daze.

' Camz you're okay ?'

I look up to her, force a smile.

' yeah of course, why I wouldn't be ?'

she looks me in the eye and I know that she doesn't believe me, she's still worried and my heart skip a beat because of how caring she is.

' come on babe, talk to me it's okay. You can tell me, what did you first thought of me?'

I smile a little at the memorie. It was so long ago but all the feelings are still here.

'I thought you were like really beautiful, like really, I forgot how to breath for a second. You were confident, funny, most of all, you were hot. And after that everytime you were here, I was a blushing mess and I wouldn't stop stuttering. I was back to the shy girl that I was in high school.'

After my last sentence I just look at the floor, ashamed that I was so crazy about her when she just found me annoying, loud and weird. I can't look at her.

'I...I have to go to the bathroom, I... I'll be right back'

And with that I storm out of the kitchen and go to the bathroom. After putting some water on my face, I go to our bedroom, to calm down a little. I know it might not be a big deal to a lot of people but, I'm awkward okay? And at this time I wasn't very confident and always had this feeling people were judging me. There always was this nagging thought that I was annoying everyone around me. So to know that, one of the only person I thought wasn't annoyed by me, actually was, triggers some insecurities. And it's stupid cause I'm a grown ass woman, so it makes me feel even more stupid cause WHY DO I CARE FOR GOD'S SAKE.

I must've zoned out again cause I didn't heard Lauren coming in the room.

'I don't think I deserve her, she's so beautiful, nobody deserves her, we're all lucky to have her in our life. She's caring, kind, funny, the only thing she want is to make everyone happy, she's selfless and damn ... her cuban ass is huge as fuck.'

She must've saw the confusion on my face cause she continue her explication.

'That's exactly what I said to Dinah after dropping you to your house. You are the most amazing human being on this planet, and it doesn't matter that I wasn't aware that I was in love the very first time I saw you, I didn't realized it but it was there. So please don't be upset , because, you'll forever be my loud and weird wife that doesn't stop talking and it's cool cause I love listening to you talking, laughing, singing. I love that you're loud, so that I can hear you even at the other side of the house. I love that you're weird cause it remind me that not everything is serious so thank you for this, for being my wife for being the best part of me for years now.'

At this point I was a crying mess. But not because I was sad or still ashamed or anything along those lines, but because what my wife just said is just beautiful.

she walks toward me and snakes her arms around my waist, putting my body close to hers. That's something most of people don't imagine coming from Lauren, but she likes physical contact all the time. She's like a puppy I swear.

'Are you okay now' she ask me, looking concerned. I nodded

'Good. I'm sorry Camz, I didn't want to make you cry or anything. I was just stupid, you know how I was back then. I hated meeting new people and I was just a jerk when I was young. Thanks to you I changed and became a better person. So please don't be ashamed of who you were, I'm the one who should be ashamed' she said and kissed my head.

I put my face in the crook of her neck and mumble a thank you

'Sooooo, You had a crush on me, It's embarrasing' she say chuckling

I lift my head and look at her

'Lauren, we're married' I say

'Still.' she say shrugging

I laugh and think 'God I'm in love with this woman'

Hi guys, I hope whoever read this story likes it. Sorry if there's any mistake English is not my first language I'm actually French so sorry.

I don't know if others stories are coming, but if you have any request I'm open to any idea.

If you liked the story don't forget to vote or comment.

Love Olivia.