Thirty Days

THIRTY DAYS

og found on IP ████████████ on December 15th, 2003. Nothing else in the memory other than the following that are dated the entire month of September. Laptop was found in ██████ ████████████’s apartment after her Mother called authorities to search for her daughter after a very disturbing voicemail was left on her cell phone the previous evening.

We would like to thank the ████████████ family for allowing the public to view the following logs from their daughter.

September 1st, 2003 4:39:02pm EST

Fully moved into the new apartment! Can’t believe it’s taken two weeks to clean this place up considering I didn’t have much to bring with me to begin with. Thanks a bunch to my Mom for buying the furniture I needed and letting me keep her old dresser to use in the bedroom.

I can’t believe this place is so cheap. Who would want to give this up? Whatever, their loss is my gain!

September 1st, 2003 8:07:29pm EST

Well there is one flaw to this place, the closet door doesn’t stay shut. I hear it click and then two seconds later it opens right up. I’ll talk to the landlord tomorrow and it should be fixed in no time. No biggie.

Noticed I have no neighbors next to me or across from me. Wonder if anyone is going to move into those apartments any time soon?

September 2nd, 2003 7:23:01am EST

Must have had too much wine last night because I woke up on the couch. The cable is officially hooked up and I can only watch television and go online in the living room. The bedroom doesn’t seem to let me do anything at all, couldn’t even get a damn lamp plugged in. I knew this was too good to be true, everything was perfect when I came to see the place and it all fucks up the second I move in! Figures!

Put a few of those lights Mom bought me for the closet on the night stand and such. At least there will be SOME light in the room when I go to bed tonight. That closet door was wide open again. I spoke to the landlord and he said he’ll send someone to fix it soon. I should tell him about the bedroom sockets as well.

September 2nd, 2003 3:54:48pm EST

Emailed my editor everything he needed from me, it takes fucking forever for him to get shit done. Hopefully being out and away from my parents will help me write better. Still got a nice pretty penny from the last two books but this one needs to go through pronto so I can hopefully get a new place after this lease is up. Not for nothing, but if this doesn’t get fixed I might as well just live in a cave.

I thought I was going nuts for a second this morning. Heard water running and when I looked nothing was turned on but there was a huge puddle on the floor. I have a chair against the closet to keep it from opening, I keep getting the wullys whenever I walk by it. Creepy.

September 2nd, 2003 9:45:59pm EST

My editor told me I have to go to a signing tomorrow. Way to give me notice for this sort of thing so I can get ready for it. Have to go to ██████ ████████ for it and it’s only three blocks away so that’s a good thing. I think a few of the shoe boxes I had on the top shelf of the closet fell cause a little while ago I heard a loud thump from inside of there. I’ll fix it up tomorrow.

Landlord said the handy man is on vacation so in a week that closet will be fixed.

September 3rd, 2003 5:32:55pm EST