Chapter 3

Chapter 3 is up! I decided not to edit this one because I'm currently half asleep. Also, I'm not sure when exactly chapter 4 will be up because I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with this story. My best friend had to give me a pep talk because I kept wanting to give up. I'm trying hard, but I just don't have a lot of confidence in myself and my writing. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this.

-So-min

Previously  in The Voyage

“Haru!” He cried as her eyes fluttered shut.

He elevated her slowly. Staring in horror as two glowing blue orbs revealed themselves.

“S-Stay back!” Cody exclaimed as he pulled the unconscious Haru closer.

He gritted his teeth as he tried to lift her, noting that the situation had sapped most of his strength. His grip tightened as the rustling grew louder and louder before he gasped sharply. A yellow and black bot walked from the vegetation.

“B-Bumblebee?!” he gasped.

‘Cody! What are you doing here?!’ Bumblebee beeped at him in concern.

Cody took a deep breath to calm himself. He smiled at his old friend.

“I-It’s a long story. What about you? WHy are you here?”

Bumblebee carefully walked forward.

‘I was on a mission and got stuck. I have no way of contacting anyone.’

Bumblebee’s shoulders slumped. Cody sighed softly and smiled at his old friend.

“It's good to see you again, Bee.” He said.

Bumblebee gave him a thumbs up before making a distressed sound upon noticing Haru’s unconscious state.

“SHe slipped on the ice and bumped her head, I think.” Cody informed the bot, looking down to the girl as he bit his lip. “Pretty hard.”

Bumblebee looked down.

‘I scared her….’ he said sadly.

“N-No.. not like that.” Cody responded hastily. “It was the sounds that you unintentionally made. They were getting louder and since we did know what it was, it sorta.. Surprised us. She and her grandpa know about you guys, Bee.”

Bumblebee looked at him in shock before he found his optics moving to Haru. He carefully walked closer and picked her up gently into his *servo.

‘You’ll have to guide me, I can’t transform because if the trees.’ he told Cody.

The boy smiled and nodded, eager to help his friend. He narrowed his eyes in thought then looked sheepishly up at Bumblebee.

“I-uh-have no idea where to go…” he said with an embarrassed smile.

Bumblebee shook his head in amusement and looked around.

‘Let’s try this way.’

Bumblebee began to travel slowly with Cody next to him, both of them unknowingly traveling in the wrong direction.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Kade grumbled as knocking echoed on the firehouse’s door.

He yanked it open with a scowl plastered on his face. It immediately softened as an African American girl stood there with teary eyes, some of the tears escaping rapidly.

“Frankie…” Kade whispered sadly.

“I-I’m sorry, Kade. I-I just wanted to come over…” Frankie whimpered.