Distracted (A Jim Moriarty One-Shot)

You and Jim had been together for years, and he was always working. Now don't get me wrong, you were by no means a selfish person. You just worried about Jim. He got so engrossed with his plans sometimes that he forgot to enjoy life.

  One day, you came up with your own plan. You found Jim on his phone. You hoped that this would work. "Jim?" You asked. He hummed in response, not looking up. "I would like to go out today. With you." This caught him by surprise, his eyes left his phone. "I suppose I could-" You whisked him up before he could finish his sentence.

  You walked out of your flat, and called a taxi. As Jim was getting in, you whispered the destination to the driver. You sat back, and tried to suppress a smile. "Don't you want to know where we're going?!"

"Sure"

"Too bad, it's a secret." The rest of the drive was quiet.

  "We're here!" You exclaimed, as the taxi came to a halt. You practically pushed Jim into the record store. You flipped through the records, making suggestions as you went along. "Ooh! Set It Off. You don't see them in many places." Jim was back on his phone. "Not really your taste? Yeah, I thought so." You kept looking, trying to find something that would get Jim off his phone. "How about Simple Minds? Breakfast Club, y'know?" You were starting to doubt your plan when you found IT.

  You ran over to the record player, being careful not to drop it. You carefully placed the needle into the grooves, and turned around. The music started, and you lipsynced immediately.

"Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alihihihiveeee." You started walking towards Jim. "And the wooorld is turning inside out, yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy, so. Don't. Stop. Me. Now." You and Jim were now inches apart. "Don't. Stop. Me, cause I'm having a good time, having a good time." You started getting into it more, strutting away from Jim. "I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky, like a tiger. Defying the laws of gravitee." Jim watched you fully, a smile playing in his lips. "I'm a racing car passing by, like Lady Godiva. I'm gonna go, go, go. There's no stopping meee." You gestured with your finger for Jim to get up. "I'm burning through the sky, yeah. 200 degrees. That's why they call me Mr. Farenheiiit. I'm burning at the speed of liight." Jim now stood next to you. "I wanna make a supersonic man out of yoooou." Jim started to join in. "Don't. Stop. Me. Nooow." Your eyes widened, but nevertheless carried on like a professional. "I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball." You even sang some parts as a duet. "Don't. Stop. Me. Nooow"

"If you wanna have a good time, just give me a caaall."

"Don't. Stop. Me. Nooow."

"Cause I'm having a good time."

"Don't. Stop. Me. Nooow"

"Yes, I'm having a good time. I don't wanna stop at aaaall."

  By the time the record finished, you were both laughing. Jim walked up to the shopkeeper. "We'll take it."

"I love you Jim. It's great to see you laughing again."
"I love you too. And thank you for making me laugh."

The song featured in this one-shot is 'Don't stop me now' by Queen. I had TONS of fun writing this, and I'm proud of it for a first ever One-Shot.
  VioletAdler0224