July 21st, 2015; London, England; 13:47

((2 years later))

"Alright, what've we got?"

"Male, Caucasian, head bashed in. Found in the tube."

"Any connection to our missing guy?"

"Not sure, that's why you're the first person I always call."

Lestrade and I both knew that was a lie. I'm only the second choice....

I grabbed a pair of gloves and slapped them on my hands before examining the body.

The left side of his head was completely bashed in and the blood ran down the entirety of his neck and midway to his back.

The object used was obviously manually inflicted. The way the skull was crushed it seems like a crowbar or the end of a baseball bat.

He needed to me standing when he was hit to have all that blood run down his neck and torso.

His knuckles and wrists also showed clear signs that he put up a fight. There was also some slight bruising around his neck, but not enough to cause major damage to him or kill him.

His nose was bruised at the bridge and a small cut above his right brow....

"Well.... this man put up a fight that's for sure.... he has bruising around his neck too. But the obvious cause of death was the cleaved skull.."

Molly's heels clicked as she pushed open the door into the morgue.

"What Have we got today?" She asked.

"Blunt force trauma, with some obvious signs of struggle. I'll need a DNA test and maybe a cheek culture done as well just to make sure."

I pulled off the gloves and tossed them in the trash before Lestrade and I waltzed out of the room leaving Molly to do her work.

"So, I see someone finally proposed." Lestrade said as we walked through the doors into the hospital area.

"Yeah, it's kinda my fault though, I was the hesitant one."

The gold band with the single red ruby in the center was around my ring finger. And considering my birthday was this past week too, it fits with my birth stone.

"Well, I better be getting an invitation to the wedding." He said jokingly.

"Well, you're technically my boss so I'm kinda obligated to."

"I'll keep you posted if I find anything." He said before we both went out separate ways.

I did a wave behind my back before hailing a cab and heading back home. I wanted to be home before James go home from work and do something nice for him. After all, he and I were on the best note we've been on since we met..

..... He and I had been living together for over two years already, and overall things have been going well. I mean, all couples have their ups and downs... but this kind of seems too good to be true...

Things have been looking up for me recently... I'm getting married, I'm living with the love of my life, and who knows..... maybe more things are in store.

I paid the cabby and unlocked the door to our house. Yes, we bought a house in town. It was actually really nice for a beginning. And when we expand our family, we'll be able to fit everyone.

I tossed my coat onto the rack and put my keys into the ceramic tin.

I heard the creaking of wood from behind me and put my hand on my hip where my pepper spray was and turned sharply as the footsteps were directly behind me.