6

{LAWRENCE}

I see Candace sitting down with a pet donkey in her arms, threading her fingers through it's fur. I stand by the doorway, watching her silently. She then gets up and sits on a white sheeted mattress with a red quilt on top of it and looks into a mirror and puts some red stuff on her lips.

I peer in a little closer as I am intrigued by what the stuff is but she sees me in her mirror and holds it in her hand.

"What was that?" I ask her.

She remains silent still and she stares down at it, then back up at me.

"Can you speak?" I ask again but I still get silence as a response.

I look over to the donkey. "Does it have a name?"

She looks down at the toy and draws it closer to her. I walk closer to her but she sits still, eyes following my steps. I sit next to her and she hugs the donkey.

"Just to say, my parents wouldn't dare harm the innocent like your parents. Unless they were channeled by you-know-who,"

Candace nods.

"You understand me?" I start to smile.

Candace looks up to me with the sweetest pair of eyes I have ever seen and returns a shy smile.

"I have the powers of ice," she whispers.

I notice that she puts her hand out and a snowflake moulds within the palm, neon turquoise illuminating it as it's border. The white struck me as I have never seen something so... Pure in my life-

It's so beautiful.

"I have fire... I think they are good together-"

"Or they're bad." Candace says.

Good or bad components? I never thought that fire and ice was bad. But fire's temperature... That can melt the ice as it's high according to Nat.

I put my hand out in front of me and I make a small amount of fire flicker in the palm of my hand. Orange light ignites in my hand as I show her, trying not to startle her. I stare deeper into the flame as it dances in different waves. 

Candace looks at me, right into my eyes and mutters, "Your eyes have changed colour..."

I stare deeper into the flame, not listening to Candace. I am too indulged into the fire.

"Holloway, your eyes..."

I snap out of the trance and I look at Candace. In her eyes, I can see two orange circles which glistened like fire looking back at me but then the colour faded and I saw the hazel in Candace's eyes.

I glance back at my hand and the fire has disappeared.

The fire disappeared without me distinguishing it...

I look at Candace again and she is now focusing on her donkey once more. In the corner of my sight, I see Lily looking at me, tilting her head, pulling a confused expression and then walking out of the room. 

I get up and I follow her and she is an extremely fast walker. I pick up my speed and I grasp hold of her shoulder gently. "Did you see what you saw?"

Lily turns around, one eyebrow raised. She opens her mouth but no words come out so she shuts it. She then leans towards me. "Sorry... what?"

"You didn't see it... good grie-"

"I did see your eyes change colour to a flame-like colour."

I tense up in fear. "Jeanine may end up knowing about it..."

Lily looks at me in the eyes and tells me that Jeanine will not know anything whatsoever.

"She'll be wondering where we are by now. We betta head back." Lily informs me and smiles. "Candace, we gotta go, I'll try and catch up with you tomorrow, okay?"

Silence.

"Okay, see you later..." I say silently as we turn around and exit the building, out into the Central Elizabeth streets once more.