Blurting

All rights to this story are reserved. If you see this story on any other website, it is NOT mine. Please contact me if you notice any kind of copy.

Before reading: Some controversial subjects will be discussed in this story. I do not mean to offend anyone. Just keep that in mind whilst reading. Thank you and enjoy!

Chapter 1: Blurting

“I want cookies!” was the first thing I heard as I passed the threshold of Vanessa’s house. As I entered the living room of the Harper family I saw 5 year old Carter running around the couch yelling for food, whilst his identical twin brother, Mitch, sat calmly at a table drawing. Vanessa was sitting right next to him doing homework. Her brown hair was up in a messy ponytail, and she was frowning as she looked at her notebook in confusion. The overactive boy didn’t seem to disturb or bother her, probably because this was an everyday occurrence for her, and she had grown used to his wails about sugary treats.

She didn’t notice me standing in the doorway until she smacked her head into the table in frustration and I let out a chuckle. Her head snapped back up immediately at the sound. She saw me and smiled sheepishly.

“Math.” She said simply as if that was supposed to explain everything.

I was going to answer, but two pairs of tiny arms stopped me. I looked down and saw the twins giving me a hug as they smiled up at me.

“Hi Liam!” They said in unison. I noticed that Mitch had lost his front tooth. Carter probably had something to do with that. He wasn’t a bad kid. He just had a lot of energy, and could get carried away.

“Hey guys!” I said as I ruffled their hair. “What’s up?”

“Vanessa won’t give me cookies.” Carter immediately complained.

“I made a drawing!” Mitch exclaimed sounding very pleased with himself.

“Can I see it?” I asked. Mitch let go of me and ran of so that he could go get it. When he came back, he was holding a sheet of paper, with a car and a sun painted on it. The typical kid drawing, but the proud look in Mitch’s eyes made me exclaim” That’s incredible! Did you really draw this?”

Mitch beamed at me and nodded. “Well that’s some real talent there! You know what? I have a great idea! Maybe you could show Carter how to draw some cookies.” I suggested. Neither of the twins seemed to like this idea, so I added, “Carter, did you know that when someone draws an object perfectly it can come to life? Maybe you could practice drawing the most realistic cookies possible, and then eat them when they become real. Wouldn’t that be cool?” I asked, hoping he would believe my story.

Carter looked at me suspiciously not sure if he should believe me.

“Does that really happen?” He asked his brother.

Mitch frowned and raised his shoulders.

“I don’t know.” He answered. “Maybe my drawings aren’t perfect enough.” Mitch suggested innocently.

The twins thought about it for a couple of extra seconds, and then rushed to the table where paper and colored pencils were lying. As they started drawing eagerly, I turned to Vanessa who had her eyebrows raised at me and with a smile on her face.

“I don’t know how you do it.” She told me with an astonished look on her face as she got up from her chair and made her way to the couch.  “I haven’t been able to get Mitch to calm down for the past hour. I kind off gave up on it until you came.

“Glad to be of service.” I answered. “So what has math done now?” I asked as I sat down next to her.

“It invented a concept called derivatives and integrals in order to torture poor unfortunate students like me. You wouldn’t happen to understand this evilness, would you?” She asked hopefully.