Snowball Fight

"Black Hat! Look! It snowed last night!" You exclaim, excitedly jumping in place by the window. The ground is covered in a thick layer of snow, draping along the roads and buildings as far as you can see.

"Hm, that happens every winter, dear. What's so exciting about it?" Black Hat responds dryly, not caring for the snow outside.

You gasp, running over to him and grabbing his arm dramatically. "We are going outside!! Right now!! Let's go." You let go and drop to the floor, picking yourself up and racing down the hall, putting on a heavy coat and boots. He follows slowly behind, confused at your enthusiasm.

Swinging open the door you shove him outside and follow after, slamming the door shut. The ground is covered in white, and you run forward a few feet before flopping down into the soft snow.

Black Hat stands over you and stares, a blank emotionless face focused on you. Your arm reaches forward, and he figures it's as a sign to pull you up.

Once he grabs your hand you jerk him forward, sending him into the snow next to you.

"Ack! What the-" He blurts out, falling into the snow. He sits up and growls. "Why would you do that? You could have ruined my-" You cut him off by throwing a snowball at his face.

He goes quiet, eerily quiet. You take this as a sign that you should probably run, so you spring up and shoot off in the opposite direction.

You don't go far, as a much larger snowball hits you in the back and knocks you forward onto the ground. You lay there processing what just happened as he bursts into laughter, walking towards you.

With a devious smile you make another ball, and when he bends down to help you up you toss it and it smacks him directly in the face.

"Oh, you wish to play like this, dear?" He wipes the snow off his face "Well then, I'll join this little game. And I don't intend to lose~" Black Hat smirks at you, and you return with a devilish grin.

He gathers a mound of snow, and you take the delay as a chance to run and hide. You find a spot and start frenzy building a large amount of snowballs.

"Oh, love, where are you? I can't win if I can't find you." Black Hat flirts, walking around with a ball in his hand, searching for you.

You grab a few snow balls and wait. He soon passes your hiding spot, and you jump out behind him.

 A ball hits his upper back, and a second flies over his shoulder, missing it's target.

"Ah hah! Found you!" He exclaims, spinning around to meet your gaze. He throws his snowball and it pounds straight into your cheek. You yelp out in pain, holding your cheek and falling to your knees.

He underestimated his strength, and in the heat of the moment made the mistake of throwing too hard. Black Hat rushes over and sits next to you, taking your cheek into his hand.

It was bright red and looked bruised. He sighed, "Enough for today. Inside, now."

You both walk inside and he looks down at you. "You are soaking wet, go change your clothes. Then meet me in my office.

You nod and obey, going to your room as he goes down the hall to his office. Once changed, you follow the halls until you find his office.

Upon entering you notice a fireplace has appeared in the room, and you decide not to question it. Black Hat is sitting at his desk doing work.

"Uh, hey..?" You blurt out, unsure of what to do or say.

Black Hat points at the fireplace, and you notice that a bundle of blankets is sitting there, and next to it is a mug of hot chocolate.

You smile at him and walk over to the fireplace, wrapping yourself up in the blankets. It was very warm and cozy. Taking the steaming mug in your hands, you take a sip. It is noticeably sweet.

A snap is heard from where Black Hat is sitting, probably from Black Hat himself, and the fireplace lights up in green flames. You can feel the heat radiating from it and sigh to yourself, snuggling into the blankets and taking another sip of hot chocolate.

Black Hat sits at his desk, trying not to look at you, and trying to ignore the heat in his face. He tried to convince himself it was from the fire, that it was meaningless, but he knew what it was.

He sighed and looked at you, taking in the sight in front of him. With another sigh he went back to his work, trying to ignore the even hotter sensation in his face.