tєn

"I remember why I dug those graves."

Amara sniffled and wiped her nose. The sun was hot on her back and she constantly had to pause for a moment to catch her breath.

She let out a quiet groan as she brought the ax down into another crank's forehead. They weren't taking any chances, put a knife through its head before throwing it into the blazing fire, just to be sure that it was really dead.

Glenn came over and lifted the walker's head, helping her drag it into the pit of burning walkers. The closer she got, the more the stench made her eyes water.

They tossed the body and backed away as the flames grew momentarily. Amara glanced at Glenn to see his face stricken with sadness.

"Come on." She murmured and turned away to drag another crank into the pit.

"Hey wait! What are you doing?"

Amara turned around to see Glenn standing by Daryl and Morales, his face panicked.

"That pit is for geeks only! Our people go over there!"

Daryl dropped the body and turned to Glenn. "What's it matter? They're dead anyway."

Glenn's lip trembled. "Our people go in that row over there. We don't burn them!" His voice cracked suddenly.

"We bury our people. Understand?"

Daryl and Morales shared a look before dragging the body over to the row of the others that Glenn had pointed out.

"You reap what you sow! Y'all left my brother for dead, you had this coming!" Dixon shouted before stomping away with his arms swinging angrily.

Glenn came up to her, eyes shining. "We have to bury them. Right?"

She searched his face and nodded with her lips turned in a sad smile. "Yeah. We bury them."

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a cry.

"A walker got him, a walker bit Jim!"

Jackie started to back away from Jim as the camp started to surround the bitten man.

Daryl strutted up with a pick axe in his hands. He pointed it threateningly. "Show it to us!"

Jim's eyes widened and he grasped a nearby shovel in his hands, holding it out in defense.

Amara grabbed Glenn's wrist and her grip tightened as T-Dog came up behind Jim and held is arms back. His shirt was lifted to reveal an angry bite mark splayed on his torso.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay." Jim cried in mantra, his voice getting quieter with every word.

Amara felt her stomach twist. She didn't know the man, but she knew nobody deserved this kind of end.

Rick directed Jim to sit over by the RV as the remaining camp members came together to discuss what would be done.

"I say we put a pick axe in his head. Along with the dead girl's. Be done with it." Daryl huffed.

"Is that what you'd want for you?" Shane nipped, head turned and lips pulled straight.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it." He shrugged in retort.

"I hate to say this, and I never thought I would, but maybe Daryl is right." Dale admitted.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale. He's not some rabid dog. He's just a sick man," Rick started.