Mane

-CHAPTER TWO- 

Mane 

The day grew quickly long and tiresome for the two marauders of 12 Grimmauld place. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and even Molly had attempted to encourage both men to talk about and share information on the infamous 'Mane', yet both stayed tight-lipped, only exchanging few words with one another. If the doorbell rang, which it did occasionally, announcing the arrival of Minerva McGonagall, Mundungus Fletcher or even Dumbledore himself, both characters had to physically restrain themselves from racing to the door. It didn't stop them from hoping each time that the person at the door each time was Mane and as the voice was revealed to be a Scottish stern tone, a criminal's drawl and a mysterious whimsical voice, they couldn't help but sigh in disappointment. 

An hour after Dumbledore had come and gone, Remus and Sirius were beginning to doubt whether the letter they had received was real or not. They found themselves analysing the handwriting to the nearest detail- attempting to find proof that the Mane they had heard from was not Mane the marauder at all, but no such luck. Each detail they found was a supporting factor to the person's identity instead of a disproving factor, which left the men surprisingly disheartened, yet optimistic. 

The room they were situated in - the lounge, was cosy, yet filled with an uncomfortable atmosphere. The young people wanted to know what on Earth was going on, Molly was still concerned about the safety of these people and Arthur was attempting to iron out any flaws in Harry's trial for the use of underage magic, which was the following day. Nothing was particularly jolly, and the tense atmosphere even made Ron and Harry's game of Wizarding chess far more competitive than it usually would have been. 

"ARGH!" Screamed Kreacher, making all heads, bar Sirius and Remus', snap up and look to the entranceway of the room. 

"Is he alright?" Hermione asked, now a devoted activist of SPEW. "He sounds troubled." 

"Sounded exited to me." Said Ron grumbling as Harry was able to destroy one of his knights. "Maybe he killed a bloody rat or something." 

"Ronald!" Molly and Hermione exclaimed in unison. 

"Sorry." He mumbled, unconvincingly. 

Only a moment later, the ragged house-elf practically skipped into the room, a large, rare grin spread across his usually wrinkled and grouchy face. His eyes practically glistened with joy, his body shaking with uncontrollable excitement.  

"Miss Mercer has returned!" At this, Remus and Sirius' heads snapped up, "Pure, pure, Miss Mercer-!" 

Looking at each other briefly, the two, before desolate, men rose from their seats suddenly- bolting from the room faster than Harry had ever seen either of them move. The remaining people in the living room looked at each other, each face portraying as much confusion and shock as the next. 

"What was that about?" Asked Arthur, his eyebrows furrowed, "Pouting all day, and then shooting out of their seats at the mention of a random woman?" 

Molly frowned, going to stand from her seat, but George and Fred threw their hands out in protest. 

"No! Mum - we should just-" 

"-leave them be! We can always ask-" 

"-Sirius and Lupin about the lady-" 

"-When she's gone!" 

Slumping down in defeat, Molly rested her head in her palm, waiting impatiently to erase her worried curiosity. 

"Out of the way, Moony!" 

"Bite me, Padfoot." 

"Gladly! Later!"