If You Die, I'll Kill You

ANGST AND FEELS WARNING
ALSO SPOILER ALERT FOR STARLIGHT
Aphmau's POV
After what's happened.. there's one person I have to call: Laurance. If Garroth... I can't even bear to think it myself... is on the brink of death... Laurance deserves to know. I pushed the call button my finger had been hovering over for the past five minutes. Ring... I'd already discussed it with Aaron and his parents, and they said I was allowed to tell Laurance everything. No more lies, no more secrets. Ring... I hated that I had to be the one to do this... but I know him best other than Garroth. "Hey, Aph!" Laurance answered. He had no idea what was going on. He sounded chipper. "Hey Laurance." I tried to keep the grimness out of my voice. "Is something wrong? You sound unhappy. Were you too short to be let into the campsite?" I smiled sadly. He still thought we were camping. Laurance always knew how to make everyone smile. "Laurance.. we're not really camping." "What?" "We lies about where we are." "Wait, what? Why?!" I took a deep breath, ready to tell him everything, but right when I was about to start, Garroth screams in pain. Laurance immediately panics at the sound, "Garroth?! Is he okay?! Where is he?! What's happened?!"
"Er, Laurance, that's why I called. There.. was an accident. Garroth got hurt." "What?! Is he gonna be alright?! BE HONEST." "We... don't know." That's all it took for Laurance to snap. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?!LET ME SPEAK TO GARROTH!! WHAT'S WRONG?!" "I...Laurance....he.... Aaron.. I can't say much, you're too upset. You wouldn't think about it the right way." "Garroth..." Laurance's voice was soft. I thought I heard it crack. Laurance may've been crying at this point. "I'm sorry-" "LET. ME. SPEAK. TO. HIM." It was clear Laurance was crying in his voice. "I..." I muted myself and entered the room where Garroth was laying on a bed. "Laurance... I called him... he heard you scream and he's freaking out. What do I say? He wants to talk to you." "It's alright.. give me the phone."
Laurance's POV
I couldn't believe it. Garroth..he was dying. I didn't even know where he was, and he was dying. "APHMAU LET ME SPEAK TO HIM!" Aphmau had gotten quiet as soon as I asked her to speak to Garroth. I had to at least hear his voice if he.. no. He wouldn't. "Hey, Laurance." "GARROTH! Garroth are you okay?! Are you going to survive?!" I calmed down a bit. I would be able to talk to him. At the same time, his voice was soft, a little more than a whisper. "...I don't know. Maybe." "MAYBE?! GARROTH WHAT HAPPENED?!" "There was an accident.." I was back to sobbing. I couldn't keep it in. "Garroth... I can't lose you... DON'T DIE! Not without me around..." I started to have a mental breakdown, laughing insanely while crying. That idiot was gonna die without me. "Laur... please... I'll make it." He rarely calls me that. Hearing Garroth speak makes me force myself to calm down. "Garroth.. if you die, I'll kill you." I didn't know what else to say. Make it a joke... for now. That's the only way I'd make it through with my sanity. "Okay, Laur." After that, I stayed on the phone for maybe ten more minutes, though it felt like one. The doctor told Garroth that he needed rest, and hung up. I sat there, in our house, alone. I sat in the same wooden chair for an hour, maybe two. Sometimes I cried. Sometimes I laughed. I was thinking about Garroth. Then, I realized I needed to have a firm talk about Aphmau about how friends don't decide not to tell friends when best friends (hem boy friends hem) are dying.
Author's Note
I know this didn't really have much Garrance but I thought it was sweet and cute so yeah. Trust me, you'll get plenty of Garrance-filled chapters. Leave suggestions if you want to, and thanks for reading! ~Wolf