Camp for England

Mallory's POV

_______

I'm supposed to board in like a half hour. What are you doing?

Doing the same waiting, did you see the stories two weeks ago?-C

Of?

Brooklyn and...-C

Christen you gotta be more specific, I have no idea what you're saying.

Brooklyn was all over the internet and some of the stories were rumors of you and her dating, but no one thinks that anymore hopefully. Especially because of that video. Did you watch it? If not don't! You're still getting over that, so I probably shouldn't have brought it up. How are you doing with that whole situation?-C

Terrible, she moved on why can't I?

You're two different people.-C

Yea I'm weak, she's strong.

Mallory no...-C

Before you started dating I didn't really like the idea, there was a reason, Brooklyn kinda seems like a player, I found out from Sarah, she's one of Brooklyn's closets friends she knows.-C

Why didn't you tell me? 

You seemed so happy...-C

I'm not now, I gtg

_________________

I heard that my flight was boarding early so I just ended the conversation and got my things together. I was first class luckily, so that was nice. I looked down at my chest, damn I was still wearing the necklace. I wasn't going to for camp, but oh well. 

I was sitting on my plane and all I could think about was her. She was never serious about anything or what? Was I just another person? She never cared much about me did she? Hoe many were there? How many more will there be? 

She's been toying with me this whole time. I felt the warm tears drip from my eyes. I quickly turned my eyes towards the window. This is tearing me apart and it shouldn't be.

I still have so many pictures of us on my phone despite being apart and her hating pictures. She would rarely take them too, but for me it was different of course. 

~~~

"Ready for this camp?" 

"Yea as long as it's not-"

"How the hell is it my fault it was caught on video?!"

"You have to be more careful, because-"

"Oh yea I forgot you totally know everything about that, oh wait you don't or YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS. I did nothing illegal, I kissed a boy, I'm sorry, but it's not like  don't do anything with this dumb guy you met."

"I'm twenty eight there's a DIFFERENCE! Why the fuck are you being such a BITCH!?!"

"I'm the Bitch? I'm the bitch? No...you are..." Brooklyn came rushing out of the room with her stuff and pushed past us. "Where are you going?!" 

"The coaches thought maybe I should spend sometime on the youth teams, I think they're right, I need to get away from you assholes in your twenties!" She speed off and disappeared. Alex hit her head on the wall and let out a loud sigh. 

"Alex, are you okay...?" 

"You know what Christen, no I'm not fucking okay, I'm done with that little crybaby asshole. Who the fuck cares what she went through. She needs to get her self in check. She's such an asshole! What the hell did I do to her?! Why am I getting so upset? Why am I constantly in some sort of really bad state?!" Alex started to pour tears out of her eyes.

Kelley came running up and looked at us. "What the he'll happened here?!" 

"I'm done with that kid...I tried, I've been trying I got threatened to be thrown offf the team because of that kid. I don't understand anymore." She was sobbing into my arms as Kelley, Christen, and I comforted her. Kelley picked her up and took her into her room. 

"Al what do you mean, how did you almost get kicked off, that-that doesn't make any sense?!" Kelley asked her in disbelief from the information.

"The first came she came to, I'll admit I was the asshole there, but ever since she's known what was on the line for me. The coaches talked to both of us and told me they didn't even need me anymore, because of her. She was faster, she was better on the ball, better passer. I've been on this team for years, I've won world cups, olympics, everything I could with this team, but ever since she got here I've been threatened to lose my spot." She clinched her jaw as the tears stopped. "I'm done maybe I should just sit this camp out too. I just-...this is making me hate soccer, the sport I used to love...I have to do something that will help me."

"I don't know what you're gonna have to do Al, but if you need us were here for you okay?" Kelley gave her a hug and we all left her room. 

As soon as we left her room, I stormed away. "Mal where are you going?...slow down, Mallory?" 

"She seemed so innocent nice, Alex has been amazing and she's been different behind our backs. She's a bitch, a rich little brat who probably bought her way onto the team and I'm done, I'm not letting her leave with the last word." I stormed away from Christen and Kelley and text her.

———— 

Meet me at the park in ten.

————

I sat at the park and waited. My jaw clenched tight as I saw her walk up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" 

"Me? What's wrong with me? I am-"

"A selfish entitled nitch who is secretive and back stabbing, I will remember this, I'll make sure everyone finds out m, I don't care if that means I lose my spot on the team. It's worth it. You knew this whole time about Alex's job being threatened, what kind of sick person just doesn't-"

"Don't call me a sick person." She looked down at her feet. "Why, are you just gonna go get me fired too?"  Her jaw was the one clenched now. "'Mallory you know more than anyone that I'm not the person to make mad." 

"I already told you I couldn't care any less if you got me fired if it meant you would be known for who you really are..." 

"I warned you." Her fist came into the side of my head in a snap. I felt myself tip to the tight and my legs collapsed under me.

____________________________________________