Snowball

Everyone was beyond excited for this year's festive formal dance, the Snowball. Most of the group had dates, going with each other, but the other two would manage just fine. El was still completely confused by everything happening, but she tried to have fun. She danced almost the entire time once she got there, and she was really having a lot of fun.

          After a few slow dances, and a few more not-so-slow ones, El was tired, but the rest of her friends weren't, so they continued dancing. Mike was the next to get tired. He led her away from the dance floor, and over to the bleachers.

          "I'm going to go get us something to drink," he told her before she had a chance to protest. She was utterly alone. Someone noticed. [Y/N]. They were already very intrigued by this girl, seeing as how they had never seen her before. This girl was definitely way out of Mike's league, they noticed, but they definitely weren't related, that was for sure.

          "Hi," [Y/N] said, startling the mystery girl. "What's your name?" 

          The girl swallowed her anxiety and replied. "Jane. What is your name?" Jane spoke slowly, like she was new at this, trying to be careful with her words.

          "[Y/N]," they replied, smiling. "You're here with Mike?" Jane nodded, blushing. [Y/N] frowned slightly, but tried to hide it. Jane seemed nice, and they didn't want to ruin her night. "You two are cute together."

          They weren't lying. Out of all of the couples here, they seemed the most perfect together. It made [Y/N] jealous, no doubt, but if this girl was out of Mike's league, she was way out of their league. She was stunning. Her smile lit up her eyes, and her eyes lit up the room. Mike was attractive, too, that was no doubt. But he wasn't really their type. Probably because they'd known each other since forever. That's what living in a small town does to you. But this girl, she was new, and [Y/N] could feel it, all around in the air, that this girl was different. Soon, Mike came back to get his date.

          "Hey—uh, J-jane," he said, greeting her. "Sup, [N/N]." They nodded in recognition. Mike dragged the mysterious Jane back onto the dance floor. But Jane looked back. Even if it was just for a second, she looked back, at [Y/N], and it was enough to send sparks through their hearts. Maybe there was a chance. Maybe she could still make it.