Summer of Secrets. ~Edited Version~

(A.N.- Long time no see!

Hey guys! So I know I haven't been writing for a whiiiilleeee, but I'm now rewriting SOS! :D I'm also going to upload a new story pretty soon! Probably after school is over though...hahaha. But anyway, SOS is going to be the same story and everything, just written better (I hope). Thank you!)

(Alexis’s point of view)

~One year ago~

            A deafening scream rose from in front of me. I tried to get up to help him, but I couldn’t. The ropes that held me to the wooden chair were too tight. The ropes tightened and I found myself struggling for breath.

            A sinister laugh built up from behind me. The laugh made my body shiver. I closed my eyes and prayed for it to be over soon. I needed it to be over soon. For me and for Mayson.

            The evil man walked out from behind me. He was dressed in all black. The only visible part of this man was a small section of his wrist which was tattooed. It was like he wanted me to see it. I squinted my eyes at his inked wrist, but I couldn’t make out the strange symbol. It looked like something from ancient Egypt.

            The tattooed man slowly walked over to Mayson, and all I could do was watch as he brought the hammer down on him.

“Mayson!” I screamed; my voice was raspy and burning with fear. Hot tears stung my cuts as they rolled down my face. “No!” I tried to get out of the ropes, but I knew it wouldn’t work. “Don’t hurt him! Please stop!” I was hysterical. “Kill me! Kill me, not him! Please don’t kill him!” I sobbed loudly.

            The mysterious man with the tattooed wrist turned to me and dropped his hammer. The sound of the metal tool clanking against the cement floor rang furiously in my ears. He took careful steps towards me.

“Don’t worry your pretty little head.” He whispered and brushed the hair out of my face softly.

He did that before too. He kept doing it.

He walked back to Mayson and picked up the hammer once again.

            I went silent as I watched Mayson slowly and painfully die.

(Chance’s point of view)

            I walked into my house; it was eerily silent without Mom. She was always making some sort of noise. She was never a quiet person.

            I slowly walked into the kitchen, half expecting my mom to be in there, but I knew she wouldn’t be there ever again. I sat on my kitchen counter and looked down at the stove next to me.

“How was your day, Chancie?”, she would ask me with that soft voice of hers.

“It was fine, what’re you making for dinner?”

“Chicken...I think.” And there would be her amazing laugh. A laugh that sticks with you forever. One that you don’t mind constantly playing in your head.

“Hey!” My dad snapped at me. “Get your ass off the fucking counter!” He lit a cigarette. “Food goes there. I don’t need your ass on it.”

I hopped down. “Okay, okay. Sorry.” I sighed. “But, Dad I have a question.”

“What?” He grumbled.

“Can I get a tattoo? Like…to remember Mom by?”

“What are you gonna get? ‘Mom’ tattooed on your chest?” He laughed in my face.

“No, I want an ankh.”

“What the fuck is an ankh?” He blew the smoke in my face.

I coughed a little. “The Egyptian sign for life. Can I get it on my wrist?”

“You’re not fucking Egyptian. That’d be stupid.”

“Can I? Please?”

This is the only think I’ve ever asked you for. Just say yes. Please.

“Fine. Whatever. Get Nicholas to take you. I’m not taking you somewhere to fuck up your body.”

“Nicholas?”

“Moretti.”

            I nodded and walked out of the house with a small smile on my face.

Moretti didn’t seem like a Nicholas, so I just called him by his last name. I pulled out my phone and called him.

“Hello?” Moretti answered, sounding like he just woke up.

“Hey, get your hairy ass in gear. We’re getting tattoos.”

“Oh, cool.” His voice perked up. “What are you getting?”

“An ankh on my wrist.”

“What the fuck is that?”

“It’s the Egyptian sign for life.” I answered.

“You’re not Egyptian, man.”

“I know.” I was getting annoyed.

“Whatever, I’ll pick you up in a minute.” And with that, he hung up.

 (A.N.-Thanks for reading!

Hope this version is a little better...hahaha.

Also! Go check out Paranoia by ProveYouWrong ! I write it with my friend, Kara [:

Love you all!<3

~Cassi   )