Chapter One

Chrysalis's POV
I just found out my remaining changelings were too weak to reproduce. I became saddened. It was too much for all of us. Putting them out of their miseries, I fed on the Changelings except one: Toady. I then started a journey. To find someone who would understand... and love me for who I was. It was rough. It took hours... and I began to grow weak. As I fell to the ground, I fell unconscious. I saw someone run towards me as Toady tried to help. Then... everything went black.

Sombra's POV
The journey was tiring. I had already transferred to my solid form hours before I came to this strange place. It looked like a desert. I then saw a figure in the distance. As I galloped towards them, I gasped as I saw someone crying, trying to awaken the body that laid on the ground. As the being saw me, he gasped and tried to hide the collapsed body. I helped him to his feet and carried the body on my back, hoping the being wasn't dead. "Who are you? Why are you helping us?". He asked. I was silent for a moment, then said, "My name is King Sombra. I'm helping because you need it.". "I... I'm Toady. The one you're carrying is Queen Chrysalis.". I smiled gently. I like that name... Queen Chrysalis. It's beautiful! A few hours later, we arrived at an old building. Water leaked through the ceiling, which led to a waterfall and fountain making the leaks. I put Queen Chrysalis next to the water, then started talking to Toady. "You must be very lucky to have someone as... beautiful as her.". I said, distracted by her beauty. "Oh! N-no, I'm not in a relationship with her...". He stuttered. He told about what had happened the past few months after they tried to attack Canterlot. I felt terrible about what has happened to her. She didn't deserve it. No one did.