Chapter 23: Shawn Confesses and Good Pups

*I only own Officer Kevin and his police partner for this chapter. They are made up police officers for this story*

The police cars stopped by The Lookout, and two police officers came out.

"We got your call Chase! Thank you for telling us what was going on," one of the officers said.

"No problem Officer Kevin," Chase replied.

"Officer Kevin, what's going on? How did you find us?" Ryder asked.

"Well, I worked with Chase's parents and after Chase called this morning explaining the situation, I knew we had to help. Chase did the right thing Ryder," Officer Kevin said. Ryder nodded in an understanding way.

"So, what's going to happen to Shawn?" Ryder asked.

"Shawn here is going to go to "Pup Obedience School" where he will training on how to be a good pup, and he will have to help out with taking care of the community. Stuff like clean garbage in the park, and other stuff," Officer Kevin explained. Shawn's eyes widened when he heard the words 'Obedience School'.

"Noooo! I don't need to go to obedience school! It's not my fault!" Shawn cried out before struggling in the net again. He whined and tried to get out.

"Actually, if you hadn't stopped bullying Marshall and the PAW Patrol, and had been a good pup, this wouldn't have happened!" Chase told Shawn. Shawn looked at the two police officers desperately.

"We're sorry Shawn, but you need help," Officer Kevin said. What happened next shocked everyone.

"No I don't! I don't need help! What did you expect me to do?! Bullying is the only way I know how to get attention! It was all I had when I was left behind! It worked with my owners, so why wouldn't it work for making friends!" Shawn yelled desperately. After he yelled, Shawn lowered his head and started to cry and whine. Everyone stood in shock. What did Shawn mean by 'left behind' and 'It worked for my owners'? They needed to find out what Shawn was talking about.

"Shawn, what do you mean by 'left behind' and 'it worked for my owners'?" Officer Kevin asked carefully. Shawn stopped whining and looked up.

"Before Pup Training Camp, I always acted innocent whenever I had done something wrong, or acted like what I had done was an accident with my owners. Since I used my bullying skills with my owners, they never thought I did stuff that was wrong. When I went to Pup Training Camp, I used the same bullying strategy thinking it would help me make friends, but it didn't. At the time I didn't think that I was doing anything wrong. But then my owners started acting strange. They kept packing stuff up in boxes and stuff. Then one day, they took me to an Adoption Center, and I was nervous. Luckily, after a few days, I found a hole in the back wall and got through it so I could escape. I ran back home without anyone seeing me, and ran into the house through the dog door. But when I got inside, there was nothing. No furniture, no beds, no owners or anything. I had been left behind. From that day on, I became a stray, and used my bullying strategies to try and make friends. I never understood why what I was doing was wrong until now," Shawn explained. Everyone was shocked. They couldn't believe Shawn's story as they watched the pup cry. Officer Kevin sighed.

"Okay Shawn, here is what we will do; we will let you have some last minute words with Ryder and the PAW Patrol and then we will take you away so you can improve your behavior. Do you understand?" Officer Kevin said. Shawn said he understood, and then got some time with Ryder and the pups. Ryder walked up to Shawn first.

"Shawn, although I understand that you did what you had to do get attention, you got attention by doing it the wrong way. Remember, if you really want to get attention from others, you need to be kind to them and be a good pup," Ryder told the pup.