Chapter 17

It took almost two months for Olivia to completely heal. As one would or fracture started to heal, the doctor somehow found more that still needed to heal. Luka stayed with her almost everyday. He'd go to school and run over to the hospital to be with her and ended up spending the night there with her most nights from staying too late. It also drove both him and Pierce to the brink of insanity, trying to figure out who almost attacked Rosalia and then attacked Olivia. People have seen shadows of a wolf walking around the perimeter so Pierce had to put more pack warriors around the perimeter.

Olivia was back at home after the two months but walked with a limp. She wasn't able to walk on her foot due to the ankle being broken so she had to slowly walk with a limp until the muscles in her foot and ankle would be strong again so she wouldn't walk with a limp. Luka also refused for her to sleep alone, even though Rosalia was in their room. He wanted to keep both of his sisters safe so he moved into the girl's room and slept on the floor.

Almost every night since Olivia got home, she's been walking up with nightmares and screaming until someone wakes her up and calms her down. So she decided not to go to sleep anymore and started to not eat.

"She's changed. I don't know what to do." Cordelia said in tears while she rocked the sleeping Rosalia on the rocking chair they had. Cordelia wasn't wrong. Olivia wasn't as happy and bubbly as she was and she was slipping in her classes. She refused to sleep or eat, even if Luka asked. And she started to distance herself from Luka. Like she couldn't walk up and sit in his lap anymore like she used to without cringing or looking depressed.

Pierce set his head in his hands. He didn't know what to do. He's searched and searched for a wolf that Cordelia described but in the last two months, he couldn't. "I don't know what to do. She's hurting on the inside and she won't tell us and it's breaking me." Pierce said.

Cordelia got up and was about to put Rosalia in her bedroom but there was a knock on the door. "I got it." Pierce said and Cordelia took Rosalia in her room and put her to bed before walking out.

Pierce opened the door to see one of the pack warriors. "We found the wolf who attacked your family. We're keeping her in the holding cell. But she was asking for the Luna instead of you, alpha." The warrior said. After they changed the prison to a school, Pierce had built a small building with three holding cells just in case they had someone who was hurting the pack or was trying to attack and they captured them.

Pierce shook his head no. "I can't let Cordelia go by herself. Not especially since the wolf tried attacking her and my children. I'm going too." Pierce said. The pack warrior quickly bowed. "I'm sorry, alpha. But she's requested the Luna come alone. But I can personally say that I will be with the Luna as she talks to the girl. I won't let her hurt the Luna and she'll stay on the inside of the bars while the Luna is on the outside."

Pierce sighed and looked up at Cordelia. "Think you can take care of this? The wolf is asking for you." Pierce said. Cordelia nodded and walked next to the warrior. Pierce pointed a finger at the warrior. "If my mate, one of my soul purposes in this life, gets one scratch on any part of her, big or small, I will personally kill you and the wolf girl and any other warrior that's on duty watching that girl. There are several good young men and women here who are willing to take your place. Understood?" Pierce hissed. The warrior bowed. "Yes, my alpha. I will lay down my life before the Luna get's even a hair pulled off of her."

Pierce looked at Cordelia and gave her a kiss. "You be careful. I'd loose it if you got hurt." He told her. Cordelia lightly smiled as she pressed her forehead against his. "I'll be fine. I'm a strong girl." Cordelia said and her and the pack warrior left.

They got to the holding cell and walked in. There was a small body in the first cell. "Hello?" Cordelia said, walking up to the bars. The head of the girl snapped up with wide eyes. She looked at Cordelia with a terrified look. She was dirty and visibly shaken. Her blue eyes looked dull against her dirty skin and stringy hair seemed black but could have been a different color. Her body was incredibly thin and the oversized shirt looked like it could fit Rosalia just fine.

"I'm Luna Cordelia. You asked for me?" Cordelia asked. The girl crawled up to the bars and grabbed them and started crying. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I hurt your daughter. I hurt her. It's all my fault. Put me to death. Please. I deserve to die." She cried. Cordelia looked at her. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I.. couldn't control it. I'm sorry!" She said.

Cordelia looked up at the pack warrior who brought her. "Open the cell. Let her out." She told him. "Luna. Please don't get mad but I promised alpha that..."

"I don't care what you promised my mate. I am his mate and he is the alpha. I am also alpha of this pack and I am telling you to open this cell. I will tell him you disobeyed me." Cordelia said. The warrior was hesitant on opening the cell but he took the key and opened the cell. The girl scooted back slightly. "What's your name? How old are you?" Cordelia asked, stepping into the cell and closing the bars behind her.

"E-Evangeline. I'm.. I'm 12." She stuttered. "My.. my mommy.. mommy and daddy..." Evangeline started crying. "They're dead.. both of them." She cried. "How long ago?" Cordelia asked. "I.. I was two.." Evangeline grabbed her knees and pulled them to her chest and rocked back and forth. "They're all dead." She whispered.

The door to the building opened and closed. "What is she doing in there?! What I'd tell you! She could get hurt! Cordelia, honey, please come out of there." Pierce yelled at the pack warrior and tried getting Cordelia out of the cell but she didn't budge. "Dels." Pierce said, opening the bars and grabbing her hand and tried pulling her out.

"No, Pierce. Wait." Cordelia said and pulled her hand out of his and walked up to Evangeline. "Delia no. You could get hurt." Pierce told her. But Cordelia knelt down and tried touching Evangeline's shoulder but she jerked away. "D-don't... I.. I could hurt you.." Evangeline said. Cordelia sighed. "Evangeline. Look at me." Cordelia said and lifted Evangeline's chin to look at her. "Do you know what you are?" She asked. Evangeline shook her head no. "Mom and dad didn't tell me.. we.. we lived in this.. community.. but then... but then now I changed into a wolf and I don't know what's going on. Mom and dad said we were all just regular humans."

Cordelia looked up at Pierce then back at Evangeline. "Sweetie. You're a werewolf. Not a human. Once you hit puberty, you're ability to change comes. It's going to take you awhile to learn how to control it, though. Were you scared when it happened?" Cordelia asked. Evangeline nodded and wiped her tears away, the dirt lightly coming off her cheek. "I didn't mean... I didn't mean... I hurt your daughter... I hurt your daughter... I'm horrible..." Evangeline started sobbing again.

Cordelia sighed and walked out of the cell and the warrior closed the bars. "What are we going to do?" Cordelia asked Pierce while looking at Evangeline through the bars. "She can either leave and promise never to come back or stay in there." Pierce hissed. "We can't do that." Cordelia whispered. "She almost attacked Rosalia and almost killed Olivia. Kid and puberty or not. I won't let her stay without being punished." Pierce said. Cordelia looked up at Pierce. "There is Luka." Cordelia said.

Pierce groaned. She was right. He killed 3 innocent people and almost him but he still let Luka in and let him live with them for the last 2, almost 3 years. But he knew that Cordelia knew that there wasn't enough room for Evangeline at their home. There was only their bedroom, the girl's room, the boy's room, his office, and the library. Granted he could move his office stuff into the library but he wasn't sure allowing another kid into their home. They already had five and to add a 6th mouth to feed, that was pushing it.

Pierce walked up to the bars. "Hey. Look at me." He snapped. Evangeline jumped and snapped her head up to look at him. "What you did was wrong. You almost killed my daughters. And almost attacked my mate and sons for that matter. Now unless you want to either rot in that cell for the rest of your life or leave and not have any help with controlling your wolf, then let's get one thing straight. You are not allowed to leave mine, or your new Luna's sight for the next 4 months while we help you with your wolf. Try to hurt any of my family then you won't get the choice of leaving and will be executed by me personally on the spot. Am I understood?" Pierce said in a stone cold voice. Evangeline nodded. "Yes, alpha." She said. "Good." Pierce said and grabbed Cordelia's hand and they left.