What's up With Dean?

It had been a week since Dean surprised me with the bubble bath and I still wasn't sure what to think. I wanted to talk to Sam about it, but I felt that would be betraying Dean's trust; plus Sam would just gripe at me to tell Dean again and I was tired of the conversation. I knew Sam's intentions were well placed, but he also knew that I wasn't going to just tell Dean how I felt so you'd think he would have gave up by now. I wish I could muster up the courage to tell him especially with all the things he's done lately: watching over me while I was drunk, sleeping with me because he was worried, not eating so he could get me food, telling me I was the exception to the chick flick moments, and the bubble bath. All these things had left me surprised and now I didn't know what to think. I kept going over all mine and Sam's conversations and him telling me Dean felt the same way. I wanted to believe it with my whole heart, but I was still afraid of rejection.

       Sam had found a case earlier today, possible crossroads demon collecting early and we were heading there now. While we were on the road heading to the town I had fallen asleep in the backseat. It was just so easy to relax in the Impala as she rumbled down the road, Motorhead playing softly.  Dean had shaken me awake once we got to the motel. And when I had fully woken up I noticed Dean's precious leather jacket had been laid on top of me as a blanket. It was another gesture by him that had surprised me. He kept doing all these things making me fall even more in love and I wasn't sure what his motive behind them were. Was it because he saw me as sister or did he return my feelings? My mind was all over the place and I hated it. I had my heart and Sam telling me to do one thing while my mind was telling me another. And let me tell you when those two are at war with one another it is exhausting.

     Once we checked into the hotel and got settled Dean suggested checking out the local bar. Going to the bar wasn't really that big of a surprise Dean liked to drink and hit on woman, it was part of who he was and another reason I felt he didn't feel the same way. Plus if it was a crossroads demon maybe we could find some information there. The bar wasn't that special and there really weren't that many people in there; just a few guys drinking and playing pool, the hot bartender I was sure Dean would flirt with, and a group of friends. I had gone with Dean because the one time I had chosen not to go with him on a hunt I had got kidnapped. So we left Sam at the hotel to see if he could find anyone that had possibly made a deal.

     I walked up to the bar along side Dean. The bartender was checking him out, but he didn't seem to notice which was another surprise. What was going on with Dean? "What can I get you hotness?" the bartender asked Dean completely ignoring me. "A beer and a coke," Dean told her. I wasn't a big drinker and I had told Dean since we were on a case I wasn't going to drink. He didn't know the real reason behind me staying sober though and I planned to keep it that way. The bartender seemed a little upset that Dean hadn't noticed her and while it surprised me it also made me extremely happy. Maybe Sam was onto something when he said Dean had the same feelings I did. When the girl returned with our drinks Dean and I went over to shoot a game of pool.

     The game was pretty even seeing as we both played so much and knew all the tricks in the book. "So Dean I'm surprised you didn't hit on the bartender what's up with that?" I asked. He took his shot before looking at me and saying, "I'm already sharing a bed with one hot chick I think two would be a crowd." I blushed remembering the fact we weren't able to get two rooms so I was going to have to share a bed with Dean. It was kind of odd because the only times it had happened before was after a nightmare or when he was worried about me a little over a week ago. I had never actually just shared a bed with Dean. I was super nervous that I would end up having one of my dreams and I wasn't sure how I was going to explain that. "Haha Dean you're hilarious," I told him. He gave me a cute smile and said, "I think I'm adorable." Yes you are, but that is completely beside the point.