New School

I made my way to the office. There wasn't a student in sight. I was early, the secretary was just settling in.

"Hi,-"

"Hi honey! I love what you did with your make-up. You gotta give me some tips. You're so pretty." The secretary sighed, smiling at me in a daze. She was a young, tall, skinny brunette who surprisingly looked exactly like Zayn. She herself looked nothing less than a model. "Alright now what can I do for you. I haven't seen you here before so I'm guessing you're the new student we're expecting."

"Yeah, well you're very beautiful yourself. I'm Zeron. I'm starting senior year here." I answered nervously, not sure how her reaction was going to be since she was going to be one of the school officials who'd know about my gender.

She pulled out a file, upon opening it a look of understanding filled her features. She smiled kindly at me. "I'm Veronica. You live right next door to my brothers."

"Yeah you do kind of look like Zayn. A lot actually."

"Yeah, we're twins. Born twin brothers but I've been transgendered all my life." Veronica said casually while clicking some keys on her laptop.

I was surprised. If she wouldn't have told me, I wouldn't have ever guessed. Her features were a lot softer than Zayn's and she had a nicely filled out chest.

She caught my shocked look. "Well honey, I started hormones when I was going through puberty. Our parents were very supportive."
The printer had started whirring. She pulled out the sheet that printed. "Here's your class schedule. Here's a simplified map of the school grounds and the classes." She handed me the sheets of paper.

"Thanks!" I looked through my schedule.

"Zeri, Principal Hemsworth would like to talk to you before you go off." Veronica smiled warmly at me.

I was a little nervous about meeting the man. I knocked on his office door.

"Come in!" A deep voice called out from behind the door.

I pushed open the door, being greeted with a treat of a sight. This man was pushing 40's and he was the biggest piece of man candy I'd come across so far. And that's saying something after I'd met Brad and his roomies. And Veronica. Man everyone was so good looking here.
Principal Hemsworth cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable with me standing there with what I imagined was with my jaw on the floor.

"Welcome to Sunny High." Principal Hemsworth's stern face broke into a warm smile, his blue eyes crinkling attractively. He had a little bit of an Australian accent. "Well I've reviewed your request and I've accepted it, I'm all for students being able to choose their own identities. But the issue of using the bathrooms and locker rooms were pushing it a little. But given your past experiences with bullying, and extensive record on your good behaviour, I'll overlook it. You'd be allowed to use the female bathrooms and locker rooms. No one else will be informed of your gender. And uh...I'm always here as is our counsellor Derek, so I'd request you to speak to either one of us should you be bullied or should anyone be bothering you. We have zero tolerance against bullying here. Or if you're more comfortable to speak to one of your teachers or even Veronica for that matter, do go ahead. I know Veronica is very judgement free and is popular among the kids here.  She's helped a couple of students in the past year. Just be assured that severe actions will be taken against anyone who bullies or aids in bullying and help will be given to the victim."

With each word, my hopes rose. Maybe my senior year wouldn't turn out so crap after all. Maybe I had made the right decision and turned my life around by moving here. But I won't get my hopes up too high. There's only so much the principal, teachers and counsellors can do. But it's still nice to know that they got your back.