III.

"HARPER FUCKING WILLIAMS!"

Harper's smile faded from her face as she entered the neon pink offices of Bright! Magazine. She was still reeling from her weekend with James. They had spent all day in bed. After a late dinner Sunday night, he had finally dropped her home. She couldn't remember the last time she had truly enjoyed her entire weekend.

"HARPER FUCKING WILLIAMS!" Jade screamed, yanking Harper by the arm, as she dragged her into their cubicle.

Harper glared at the back of Jade's head as her coworkers stared. It was too early in the morning for Jade's drama. Harper tried to apologize, but Jade had already pulled her into their cubicle. She locked the door and turned towards Harper.

"What!?!" Harper asked. She turned towards her computer, turning it on as she sat down getting ready for work.

"How was your fucking weekend?" Jade questioned sarcastically.

"Nothing exciting..." Harper began as she logged in. "My date with Jamal, the guy who you promised me was amazing, was horrible. First, he talked all about himself and when he wasn't talking about himself he was checking out other girls. Jade, he didn't even remember my name." 

She rambled on unaware of Jade's glare. "Jade, it was bad. How did you even know Jamal?"

Jade stood with her phone out at Harper. On the screen was the picture of James that she had sent Jade on Saturday night. Harper grabbed her phone out of her bag. She had completely forgotten about her phone the entire weekend. She plugged it into the charger and then turned towards Jade.

"I can explain." She began.

"James FUCKING Blair!" Jade shouted. "You don't just send me a fucking photo of New York royalty without a fucking explanation."

"Jade."

"I've been calling you all fucking weekend. How did you do it? The fucking bastard just got into town. How the fuck did you do it?"

Harper stood up trying to stop Jade from pacing. "It was an accident. Let me explain..." Harper stopped. "Wait. What do you mean royalty? How do you know Jay?"

"You're already on a nickname basis with him?" Jade sighed as she plopped down on the chair.

For a big city, New York was a small place. Everyone kind of new everyone, so Harper wasn't surprised Jade knew James. It was part of her job to kind of know everyone, but that didn't stop the confusion. How did her one night stand become New York royalty? Who the fuck was James Edward Blair?

Jade stopped fidgeting once she saw the look of confusion on Harper's face.

"Oh sweetie, you don't know. Of course you don't know. You weren't here when it happened. We need to create a tabloid bible for you newbies." Jade finished.

Jade grabbed Harper and sat her down in the chair. She turned towards the computer and searched "James Blair Breakup"

The articles and headlines popped up and Harper's world crashed down. Pictures of James splashed across her screen. It was midnight and she was not Cinderella. Her perfect one night stand was a tabloid magnet. There he was with his stupid fucking dimples smiling back at her confused face.

"James Edward Blair, son of business mogul Edward Blair and former New York Senator, Jessica Blair returns to the city." Harper began reading.

"The prodigal son returns. Three years after his abrupt break up from super model Zarah Phillips, New York's favorite bachelor is back in town. The playboy is leaving LA, his home for the past three years, and moving back to the big city. Sources close to the 27-year-old sports agent say, he is finally ready to come back home. Blair moved to LA shortly after his breakup with Phillips. A breakup that left the city in shambles. The former couple, unable to be in the same party or city (we all remember when Hurricane Phillips hit the Hamptons), left Blair with a one way ticket to the west coast. He had no trouble moving on in LA with the continuous string of models and actresses clamoring for his attention. Sorry, West Coast girls! Blair is a city boy and us city girls are ready to welcome him into our arms once again! Ladies, you better hurry!"