3

The second he disappeared, Erela rushed to her room. She needed to get away from her home and find somewhere safe to stay.

Grabbing a backpack, she stuffed the first items of clothing she found, some already worn, which she picked up off of her floor. Her hands shook as she attempted to pack anything she might need. Erela didn't even know if she would be able to escape Lucifer, but she would try.

The man was proving to be very dangerous in the short amount of time she'd known him, and she found herself easily believing he may not be human after all. He didn't act human. Humans didn't become so warm they burnt you, or move so fast that they essentially teleport, or disappear into thin air! It wasn't normal, but Erela was willing to come up with any reason other than the fact that he was Satan himself before she would allow herself to believe something so crazy so quickly.

If him visiting last night had in fact not been a dream, then Erela wondered if everything he said was true. She clearly remembered him revealing that he was the one who saved her from the assault, but she found it easier to believe that it was someone else. Otherwise, he only did it to ensure she was alive to help find whatever it was he thought she'd stolen.

She didn't have time to think about all of the details right now. She needed to get as far away from her house as possible and hope to God that Lucifer couldn't track her down. She had somewhat of an idea, but no plan to get to her destination.

Before she was born, Erela's parents regularly went out to a cabin they owned to get away from the city. She remembered all the photos and stories her mom had shown her. They stopped visiting once she was born, probably another reason why her father had thought she'd ruined everything.

Grimacing at the thought of her father, she tried to focus on making a plan. Thoughts of him were always so conflicting for her. She would never understand how a man who seemed to love his family so much could turn into such a monster with a few drinks. There was no doubt that she had his blood running through her veins. After all, she became somewhat of a monster herself when she was just a young girl. 

Erela rushed through the house, grabbing anything that looked like it could be useful in any way. She rummaged through the few closets in her house for the small stash of money she hid in each one, something her mother had done when she was alive. She always had money somewhere "in case of an emergency". Now, Erela had taken up the same technique. 

She hoped she was properly remembering the location of the cabin. From what she recalled hearing from her parents, it was located right near a tiny little town called Winsburg. Her mother always said it was the most beautiful place she'd ever been. As a child, Erela had always wondered why she never got to see it. 

Once she had packed what she believed were the necessities, she was off, slamming the door behind her. She put her house keys into the small purse she carried, she hadn't even changed her clothes. Desperation driving her, Erela began her walk to the nearest bank. She needed to withdraw some cash so as not to leave a trail with her name on it. She was trying to remember everything that movies, television, and books had taught her about disappearing. This felt like the first step that needed to be taken. It wasn't like anyone would really notice her disappearance anyway.

Erela avoided walking past the crime scene on the way to the bank, walking a few blocks over before making her way to the street the bank was located on. She withdrew the money from a machine, so as to avoid making an impression on a teller, then started walking to the nearest bus station. 

Her plan was to buy a bus ticket to wherever was closest to Winsburg, then go from there, even if she had to walk. She was on edge the entire walk to the bus station, and throughout the process of buying a ticket and checking her bag. Upon entering the bus, Erela settled in a seat closer to the back, but not too close to the washroom. The bus ride was expected to take about four hours, and Winsburg was surprisingly one of the bus's many stops. It seemed that its route included stops in quite a few smaller towns, all of which were within a short distance of each other.