Chapter Nineteen

Rick's POV

'Okay, let's get started here.' I started.

'I already know that you're pretty nice, and won't do any harm to our group, but the more people the more mouths to feed, so we just need to know if you're one hundred percent trustable.' Prudence continued. I watched as Delany nodded and Prudence started asking her a bunch of questions. I didn't feel the need to listen until I heard her mention that Jaida girl. Even though I just met her today, I still feel a little bit... odd. She is especially close to Carl, which I don't like one bit. Before we went into the room to question Delany, I saw her get all close with my son.

'She is the devil, in my opinion. If you wanna try to help make her a better person, go ahead, but the chances of your plans working, are 1-1000.' Delany spoke, her eyes not their usual bright blue, but a dark colour. It looked like she absolutely hated  her, which wasn't very good.

'So, she isn't a nice girl? Do we even need to talk to Jaida after this?' I asked, turning to Prudence.

'We need to hear what the others have to say about her. She looks nice, but I can't be too sure.' She whispered back. I nodded and turned back to Delany, taking her hand firmly in mine and shaking it.

'Congrats, you're allowed to stay, as long as you don't do anything to make us kick you out.' I smiled, and she gave me one that was like, ten times larger than her face.

'Thank you so much Sir! I won't let you down!' She squealed.

'Please, call me Rick!' I chuckled and we led her out to the rest if the girls, who were chatting Carl up.

'Alright girls, next!' I called loudly, but nobody heard. Prudence, however did, and the look on her face was not pretty.

Prudence's POV

Nobody was listening to Rick, which pissed me off mega, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

'ALRIGHT BITCHES! NEXT PERSON GET YOUR ASS BY MY SIDE!' I screamed, and all attention was put on me. One of the girls stepped forward and I led her into the room.

***

After all the girls-besides Jaida - were talked to, I was unbelievably tired! Half said she was a stuck up bitch, and the other half said that she was really nice. Most of the other half were her friends, and would like to stay her friends, so they had to say what Jaida would like to hear.

I finally made my choice to let Jaida stay, but to keep a close eye on her, and try to get her to be a better person. I still need to talk to her, just in case She's a total bitch,but I doubt it.

'Jaida, It's your turn.' Rick called, and she stood up gave Carl a kiss on the cheek-which made him red as a tomato- and followed the both of us into the room. She sat down and smiled at us both, which I thought was a good sign.

'So, we are going to ask you some questions, and you have to answer them as best as you can. Who is your best friend?' I started, and Rick gave me an odd look.

'Rebecca and Maria.' She answered confidently.

'Where were you before this house?' Rick asked.

'We were in a huge camp, it was giant, it had all our parents, but one day it got overrun, and they got all our parents and we were forced to run away, and that how we came to your house.' She replied, her voice cracking slightly, but she managed to hide it.

'Well that answers two questions.' I mumbled. 'What are your thoughts on Delany?' I asked.

'She's a bitch. Honestly, she is. She wanted to go back into the camp so she could see if her brother was still alive! Like, are you freaking kidding me?! Her brother!' She scoffed, emphasizing 'brother'.

'I see. We are just going to have a little conversation just to see if you can stay.' Rick stated, and we walked into another little room that was attached to this one.

'Do you like her?' I asked.

'Well she called Delany a bitch because she wanted to see if her own brother was alive, but she seems like a nice girl if you look past all the three pounds of makeup and her snotty attitude. You may be able to change her, but It's all you.' Rick explained.

'I'm willing to give it a go. Let's do it.' I replied.

'Alright, so we go back in there, tell her she's allowed to stay, but only if you can help her become a better person.'

'Okay.' I answered, and we walked out if the room. She was in the same position as when we left, which was a good sign that she wanted to make an effort to stay.

'You're allowed to stay,' Jaida squealed in happiness at those four words. 'But only if Prudence can keep a close watch on you.' Rick finished. Her face went from happiness, to disgust, and back to happiness.

'Is Carl single?' She squealed.

'Yes, but he is interested in someone else.' Rick stated blankly.

'Who?' She nosed. (BTW, idk if nosed is a words:\ so for me it means she was being really nosey.)

'Prudence.' Rick answered. I was shocked, I didn't think that he would ever like me! But I guess he does, or Rick is just making this up so she doesn't ruin Carl's purity.

'Oh.' Was all Jaida said. Rick escorted her out, and I followed behind them. I stayed by the door and waited for Jaida and Rick to leave before calling Carl inside the room. I was going to get this out of him.

'Sit down.' I demanded, and he obliged.

'Why am I-'

'I need you to answer some questions first me.' I cut him off. He nodded and straightened his posture. 'What are your thoughts on Jaida? ' I asked.

'She's a bitch that wears too much makeup.' He answered.

'Any of the other new girls?'

'Not interested.'

'Me?'

'Absolutely in love.'