Chapter 1

Waking up to the smell of coffee was something I had gotten used to. Waking up next to my best friend, boyfriend, my everything, was something I never got tired of. Even though I could go to bed with a bad feeling, or feeling like everything was bad, I always woke up feeling alright. Because I knew that I would start the next day with him by my side. I turned around in bed to see him rubbing his eyes. We both started smiling and I leaned forward to kiss him on the mouth.

“Good morning babe.” He said with his hoarse morning voice.

“Good morning. Have you already been up?” I asked.

“Yeah, I woke up and put on coffee then went back to bed.” He said and pulled me close and I rested my head on his chest.

“I don´t want to go to work today…” I complained.

“It´s only for a couple of hours, then I´ll pick you up and we´ll have dinner.” He said and kissed my forehead before he got himself out of bed. I groaned loudly and he started laughing.

“No, I´m staying in today.” I said stubbornly hiding my face under the cover.

“Babe let´s get you coffee and then I will kiss you until you´re not tired anymore.” He said and I could just picture the grin on his face and I went out of bed with a loud sigh.

“You better have coffee ready when I´m out of the shower.” I said and kissed him on the cheek.

“Yes dear.” He said with an obeying voice.

“Weirdo.” I mumbled before I went to the bathroom. I can´t believe it´s been two years since we moved out here to Los Angeles from San Antonio. I had almost left everything behind from my old life. Alice had come to visit a lot and she was planning on moving here herself. Jc and Alice had grown a friendship over the last year and it made me happier than ever. They are the most important friends I have.

Even though I basically lived with Jc in San Antonio it was very different to actually live alone together. Of course we had had our arguments and fights, I mean consider our history it´s unavoidable. But it was never as bad as before. Jc was more in control and we learned how to avoid getting on each other’s nerves so easily. Other than that it was amazing living with him, we could do whatever we wanted to in our little apartment. I had finally gotten to meet his dad and his other sister. They were both so sweet and I really liked his family. Of course his mom had been over here a few times, she missed Jc too much to be away from him a long time. I knew he was a little embarrassed about it, but I also knew that he felt the same way about her and I just thought it was adorable.

“Are you ready soon babe? I need to pee!” I heard Jc yell so I quickly got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself and went out. Jc stood there and ran into the bathroom while I just started laughing. I went on into the kitchen to find my cup of coffee. I actually didn´t like coffee very much, I loved the smell of it, and the little rush you got, but not really the taste. I sipped on the hot coffee while I went to pick out an outfit. I was going to the office today so I had to dress nicely. We both had at first decided to study here, but we realized it wasn´t something for us, instead we got jobs. I was working part time at a restaurant and at a magazine called Girls, writing short stories and chronicles. I really loved it there, the whole environment with the people. Writing was a passion I recently had started doing again. Jc always encouraged me to pursue what wanted to do, and he was so supportive.

We both hurried to get ready and we took our car together since his office was close to mine. He wished me good luck and gave me a kiss. He reminded me of our dinner tonight so I wouldn´t make any other plans. I took a deep breath before I stepped into the office, this would be a long day.

It was 5pm and I was ready to leave work. I said goodbye to my co-workers as I took my things and went downstairs. There I saw Jc leaning towards the wall with his phone in his hand. I walked over to him and just as I was about to scare him, he looked up and noticed me.

“Hello babe, how was your day?” He asked after kissing me.

“Long. We had so much to do today.” I complained when we walked towards the car.

“But you managed to get though it!” He said cheerfully.

“How was yours?”

“Great, we did a photoshoot with some skater guys at some skate park.” He said and looked happy.

“Sounds like fun!”

“It really was, but now I´m starving so let´s hurry!” He said and I was agreeing on that.

Twenty minutes later we had got our food and we ate hungrily. We started laughing when we how fast we ate and how hungry we both mist have been.

“So babe, I have a surprise for you.” He said once we stopped laughing.

“Okay…” I said feeling confused.

“Well you know we have our vacation in two weeks?” He said, smiling big.

“Yeah, what about it?” I asked, and knew he was up to something.

“Remember when I said I could imagine you walking around in France, with all the Frenchmen staring at you? And you wanted to eat baguettes and see the Eiffel Tower?” I was beginning to see where this was going.

“So, I´ve booked a vacation for a week in Paris!” He said and I started smiling.

“Jc, aw that is so sweet of you!” I said, feeling more excited than ever. I can´t believe he remembered that, it was such a long time ago we spoke about it.

“You deserve the best babe.” He said and looked happy. God, I am so in love with him, I thought to myself. He kept making me happy every day, I have no idea how someone could be so perfect. And I doubt a week in Paris would make me fall less in love with him. Sometimes I´m scared of how much he means to me, because I´m scared of what I would do if I ever lost him. We continued talking about our vacation and we both got much more excited about going to work the last two weeks, anything to make time go faster.

On the way home we both were quite silent. I was so tired I was close to falling asleep in the car. We listened to Ed Sheeran and I was humming along to the songs. I love this about us, we didn´t need to fill every moment with talking. We could just be with each other. I leaned my head against the window and looked out.

“You are literally so perfect.” He suddenly said. I turned my head around and found him watching me.

“Look at the road please.” I said and smirked.

“I´d rather look at you.” He said and smiled and I smiled back at him. I yawned and realized how tired I really was.

“Babe, can´t you driver faster, I am so tired and I don´t think you want to carry me up to the apartment?” I said and laughed.

“Yeah cause you´re so heavy.” He said with a sarcastic voice. I just rolled my eyes, but kept awake. When we got home I just took off my clothes and put on a t-shirt, then quickly brushed my teeth and washed off my makeup before I finally got to bed.

Jc´s pov

I waited for Ali to get done in the bathroom so took of my clothes and paced down the bedroom. When she finally was ready I got in after her and she went to bed. I loved going to bed with her, to hear her heavy breathing before she fell asleep, to feel her body next to mine, to kiss her goodnight. That was my favorite time of the day. I hurried back and just as I was going to say something, I saw her already falling asleep. She looked absolutely exhausted. I crawled under the covers next to her, careful not to wake her.

“Goodnight my beautiful princess.” I whispered and kissed her head before I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

-----------------------------------

And that was the first chapter of the sequel to Reckless. I really missed Ali and Jc and I´m glad to be writing again. I hope you will continue to read about them and enjoy it as much as Reckless. Comment, vote?