Blood Red

I wrote this at around 11...ish p.m., trying to get to sleep, so I wouldn't be tired for school, when this popped into my head.

This whole thing is based on the old idiom 'the pen is mightier than the sword'.

One lat thing! While you read this, try to guess where the point of view comes from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They Blame the Blade

Power is what they had sought.

Power is what their enemies had sought. As I find them, one by one, I collect their memories, hopeful wisps between my fingertips, that wish for another outcome. One by one I find them, and every time I am disappointed.

In truth, it is a shock. How could it be that such forward thinkers could amount to such damage and decay.

Once again, (for I had surveyed this land when I had arrived,) I look around. What was once a wondrous field, full of wildflowers and small creatures, was now desolate- destroyed by none other than man. Palaces of steel and glass, with busy workers climbing their heights, just to begin business, now only rubble shattered around my feet.

Those made of wood lie in ignited heaps, red and orange dancing above them, as if to taunt the humans for their mistakes. Heaps and heaps of said towers and fortresses for miles around, covered by a thin veil of ashes, drifting down as tainted snowflakes, for snowflakes bring upon hope and wonder, while the ashes give only darkness and pain.

I, however, am immune to pain. No, the only pain I can feel comes from the decisions they made- the harmful words spoken, instead of the helpful- such as what had happened between the world. Nation against nation, city against city. The alliances broke apart, leaving no one to pick up the peaces... No one but me.

Bending down to collect the memories once more- a pity, this one had a family he loved, sadly he was just another victim- I ponder who shot the first bullet, who set off the first bomb. All because of mere words. And yet they blame their blades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, this one was pretty dark. I think I like writing little one-shots and poetry more than anything... I really stink at keeping up with stories.

If you didn't get it by now, I'll tell you the answer: Death. Much like in the story of the Deathly Hallows, in 'Tales of The Beedle the Bard' (yep, I'm a Potterhead) I wanted to make 'Death' a character.

Please vote for this, if you like it... and if you don't- I don't mind ;) .

Luv ya, my friends (whether or not you're a Potterhead)

~Camzies