1: open wound

Four months had passed since Jackson turned from a kanima to a werewolf

Four months had passed since Jackson turned from a kanima to a werewolf. Four months and everything was already drastically changed. For starters, Grace already had a hold on her abilities and the many ways they could go. She spent the four months training with Derek. It was already a routine; hit the gym in the morning, train with Derek and Peter at night. It not only changed her physically—her body slimmer and more toned—but she'd changed mentally. She was happy, she felt she was better than before, she had completely moved on from the pregnancy and everything that burdened her, focusing more on school and the people around her. She was happy she was getting closer to everybody. She was comfortable with everyone, especially Derek and Peter, whom she basically lived with now. She was comfortable in her body for once.

Lydia and Allison were both managing everything in their different ways, and Grace helped whenever she could, or whenever they let her. Allison spent the four months in France, yet Grace, Lydia, and her kept in touch by various group chats and scheduled facetime calls, which was very hard since the time difference between France and California was about eight hours, but they made it work. According to Allison, she said she was dealing fine after her breakup with Scott, but Grace knew she was struggling a bit with moving on completely. Scott, on the other hand, had it planned in his mind how he and Allison would get back together but he respected her space and the time she needed to be away.

Lydia was a hot mess. She slept with any guy she found to distract herself from the fact that she and Jackson were forced to break up upon his move to London after everything that happened. The strawberry blonde had convinced herself she was over Jackson—even though she couldn't even stand hearing his name—and that she was ready to get back out there in the romance world. More like the hookup world, but Grace wasn't judging. They all had their own ways of moving on from everything, and Grace convinced herself she moved on. She was great and everything was great.

And when Allison came back from France, Lydia suggested double dates, making it a triple date when she invited Grace. The raven-haired girl wanted to say no—she'd had her share of failed romantic attempts—but Lydia wasn't taking no for an answer. And so the three girls where on Lydia's streak blue Prius, chatting and laughing. "It is not a triple date," Lydia said, making Allison and Grace share a look, "It's a group thing."

"Do they know it's a group thing?" Allison asked, a dimpled smile resting on her ivory skin, "Because I told you, I'm not ready to get back out there."

"Then why did you agree to come then?"

"'Cause you kind of made us come," Grace answered for Allison, making Lydia roll her eyes.

"You were in France and didn't do any dating for four months?" Lydia groaned, Allison shaking her head no before Lydia looked at Grace with a look of can-you-believe-her?, "And you, Grace, you were four months training and working out—with a sweaty and shirtless Derek Hale, mind you—and you didn't, you know, get some action?"