Part Three: Room Of The Gods

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WITH MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE~

:D

Yugo

I have the distinct feeling for some reason that Amalia thinks I can mind-read. Nothing concrete, just a feeling; but it sort of bothers me.

"Wait a moment," Eva says, holding up one finger. "We still have no idea who you are, and why or how you know Yugo." I nod. She has a point, as per usual. I look at Ananta and we exchange a glance. It's decided she will explain. She smiles.

"Yugo and I actually met by accident many years ago. It's sort of a long story- one we definitely don't have time for now. Just know Yugo and I are good friends." She turns to me, giving me a knowing smile that I return. Her expression then gets serious, and she nods. "It's time to go."

She looks back at the others and nods at them, too. Ananta starts walking westward, and I follow her without question. Although no one else seems to be too happy with it, they do the same. Eventually, after walking what felt like forever, we reach a sort of hidden room. Ananta puts her palms on the wall and it opens. She leads us inside, and as I look around I see there are many designs along the walls, ceiling, and floor. The second her foot touches the first ring of three on the floor, the entire room glows a yellowish color along the markings. When my foot touches the same ring, it turns more blue. This same process repeats for the other Demi-Gods and Dally.

The door closes behind us, and Ananta sits down in the center of the circles. "Now, we wait. This could take awhile, but we have no choice until the Mistress and her husband come for us." I don't question her and I sit down myself. Amalia looks rather unhappy, and if I'm reading her right, she looks... jealous? I frown. Does she think Ananta and I are a thing or something? That's... absurd. She sits down next to me, though, and her expression fades to one of content. I feel my mood leveling out as well. It's interesting the effect those you love have on you. It surprises me every time it happens.

"So what is this place?" Amalia asks after a while. She seems to sense Ananta's confusion and clarifies. "I meant, what is this room?" Ananta makes an 'O' shape with her mouth and nods. "This room is called the Room of the Gods. In here, there is a statue for every God or Goddess- except Eliatrope and the Great Dragon, of course, considering they are Off-Worlders and. well, the complicated history they share with the others. It takes many years to craft these statues." I look around, and for the first time, I see the statues.

I don't know how I didn't see them before... it's almost as if they weren't there before until I actually started to look for them... Weird. It's no doubt that the statues are beautiful though, and they have incredible detail. The one for the Iop God, though, has crumbled. I give Ananta a questioning look and she nods. "If the respective God or Goddess does not remain in The Inglorium, the statue that represents them and all land they may look over will sometimes die or crumble... a God or Goddess has more effect on The World Of Twelve than you'd might think. It's sad, really, and sort of disappointing."

I notice Ananta has a sad smile on her face, and for a second, I wondered what she was so torn up about, then remembered that she is a daughter of Cra. I pat her reassuringly  on the shoulder, and she gives me a grateful look. Once again, I get the strange feeling of jealousy from Amalia. I remove my hand and steal a glance at her. She won't meet my gaze, and at the moment, hers is unreadable. Dammit, I curse myself in my head. How is it when I fix one problem, I manage to create others?