Part 3: As One

Two months later... 

 They decided to stay at the PLANTS a little longer. Apart from the order of Chairwoman Lacus Clyne for the repair for the Infinite Justice, she invited the couple to stay and have a vacation at the PLANTS while waiting for the unit to be fixed.  Lacus was eager to show them the cities of PLANT.  She also let them decide which city they would want to reside at their moments of visit.

 Finally, Athrun's burns are healed. Cagalli is on her short break from being the leader of the ORB Union and Kira visits from time to time or in between his duties. 

Cagalli's  hair had grown. Athrun noticed that and somehow felt guilty knowing that she attends to his needs more that she cannot take care of her own, properly. Not that longer hair doesn't suit her, it's just that he's worried about her well being.

"Everything is going back to normal again, huh?" Athrun told Cagalli. They were looking out at the beautiful sceneries in the Junius City.   He still has some bandages on his burns but he is recovering well. Cagalli walked towards him, comfortably and embraced as careful as she could. He smirked and joked, "Could you be anymore careful?! Come on, tighter. All my wounds are healed now. Except for this, burn on my back."

                 "That's why I am being careful

"That's why I am being careful." She insisted but with a very sweet caressing voice. "How about this?" She gave him a quick kiss and he felt his face warming.  "I knew you wouln;t comlain on that one."

He smiled when he recovered from the shock. He lowered his head and kissed her longer this time. As he closed his eyes, he recalled what he had gone through and how he survived. It was all tough luck and he was very thankful.

  It was all tough luck and he was very thankful