Broken Rib

POV: Catie

"Catie, you've gotta take it easy today." Ally reminded, more so ordered me as I put my shin guards on.

"I will, I will." I groaned before standing up and kissing her cheek.

"Who are we going against today?" Ally asked in attempt to change the subject.

"New Jersey." I answered as she put her chest plate on.

"Are they any good?"

"They're good, but not great. If you pitch exactly where I want you to, which I know you will, we'll be all good. Their pitcher that is pitching today is decent, but she is off target a lot. She pitches very low in the zone, so look for one that is at least above the knee." I suggested before sliding my helmet on and walking out of the dugout with her right behind me.

As I approached the plate I could feel my rib shifting around. It's probably in my head, but it sure feels like it. The wrap ain't doing shit for me right now.

"You good Catie?" Ally questioned from the mound with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, just sore is all." I gave a convincing smile before getting into my catching position.

I signaled for a basic fast pitch to make sure she's still warm. It shot into my glove and pushed me back a little.

I threw it back at her and signaled for a breaking ball.

She hit the spot on point and I blocked it, but when I did pain erupted throughout my whole figure.

"Fuck" I grunted underneath my breath before throwing it back to her.

"Catie..." Ally said in a voice full of worry.

"I'm fine." My pained expression hid behind my mask as I ignored her worried tone.

"Coming down!" Ally yelled out before pitching a strike right down the middle and I popped up and threw it down to second.

As soon as it left my hand I fell to my knees in pain. This is not good. Nope. Not good.

Ally ran over to me. "Catie, you have to sit this one out." She said as she put her ungloved hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I grunted as I stood up.

"No you're not. You're lying." She whined.

"I said I'm fine damnit!" I snapped at her and her facial expression screamed pain. "Ally, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sn-" She cut me off.

"Just get to your position fifteen." She mumbled before walking back to the mound.

"Ally..." I nearly begged.

"No," She snapped.

I threw my helmet off and ran over to her before turning her to face me as a tear fell down her cheek.

"It's just my disorder. I'm sorry." She said in a whisper.

"No, I'm sorry for snapping." I said softly before kissing her lips and then forehead.

"We've got a game to play you know." She gave me a slight smile.

"More than one." I said with a wink before walking over to grab my helmet and then walk back behind the plate. My plate.

As I get situated behind the plate and a batter approaches the batters box, Ally's eyes lock onto someone in the other team's bleachers.

She shakes it off and makes eye contact with me. I furrow my eyebrows to ask what's wrong, but she only shook her head as a 'it's nothing' kind of way, but I always know that it's bullshit.

I put a signal for a fastball in the bottom right corner and she batter swung and hit it, but straight up, so I ripped my helmet off and tracked it down before letting it fall into my glove.

After getting the first out I jogged over to Ally to ask her what's wrong.

"Babe, what's going on?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows that showed just barely because of my helmet.

"Zach is over there. His twin sister is up to bat here in a minute. His sister and him got separated because his parents got divorced and he chose is dad, and his sister chose him mom, so he is here to watch his sister. He was the one that..." She choked up at the end.

"Hey, look at me." I pulled her chin up so I could look her in the eyes. "Show him how much stronger you are, and when we win the game. We're gonna show him how wrong he was, because I love you. Okay?" I said with a soft voice and a small smile before watching her nod.

She gave me a quick hug before I walked back over to my plate and got ready to catch her.

My mind is so focused on her well being that the pain my rib isn't noticeable, which is good and bad because I don't know when I really need to take it easy, but oh well. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

After winning the game by seven, Ally stuck close to my side as we walked out to the parking lot.

"Where is he?" I leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Over there hugging his crying sister because we just sent her home. That World Series trophy is ours." She gave me a smile as she looked up at me.

"Damn straight. Let's walk by them and I'll kiss you, and then we can go. Let's prove him wrong. I wanna show off how strong my girlfriend is." I gave her a smile and she blushed which made my smile turn into a little bit of a smirk.

"Let's put our stuff in the bed of your Jeep first though." Ally instructed and took my hand so she could easily pull me to my car.

We walked back over to them hand in hand and he locked his gaze on Ally so I pulled her to my other side and wrapped my arm around her waist before kissing her head.

Zach quickly walked over to us and I carefully pushed Ally behind me so I could protect her.

"Am I not allowed to talk to Ally?" He asked me with raised eyebrows.

"No, she's mine, and you can't touch her or talk to her." I growled.

"I can't even say hi?" He gave a fake frown.

"No." I snapped.

"Why not?" He taunted. He was testing my tolerance for him.

"Monsters don't get to talk to her. As soon as a man hits a woman they're a monster. Like it or not. You won't get the chance to hurt her again. She is mine damnit." I took a step towards him and he took a small step back.

My intimidation is working apparently. I smirked at his cowardice actions. "She needs a man." He stuttered out in fear but still trying to stand his ground.

"What she needs is someone that loves her unconditionally. That someone is me. Now leave. This is my field. This is my girl. So now would be a great time for you to leave the premises before I make you leave myself." I spat through gritted teeth as I took another step towards him.

He quickly retreated the area to his car and locked the doors before quickly speeding out of the lot.

"I don't think you'll be having any problems with him again." I said with a sad smile as I cupped her face with my hands.

"Thank you." She gave me a smile before lightly kissing me.

"Don't thank me, I'm just protecting what's mine." I winked at her after saying that and grabbed her hand to lead her back out to my Jeep so we could go eat with our family.

"Stop winking at me." She mumbled as she hid her blush.

"Why?" I smirked at her.

"Because it turns me on, now stop." She huffed out before getting into the Jeep after I opened the door for her.

"Okay..." I spoke slowly before quickly winking at her and closing the door so she couldn't attack me.

Not really hurt me but playfully.

I winked at her again as I walked around the hood of the car.

She flipped me off in return.

God I love this girl.