Chapter 10

1 Year Later...

"I am proud to present to you the newest location of House of Deréon." Beyoncé said as she cut the bow and everyone cheered.

This past year has been a roller coaster for Beyoncé. From getting her store remodeled, a new store built, hiring more workers, and getting her reputation back. Getting her reputation back was probably the hardest thing to overcome. No one, mostly female wanted to work with her, she was constantly bashed and received a lot of hate. Beyoncé was so focused on what people thought of her that she didn't realize that it didn't matter what they thought, it mattered what she thought of herself. She had to love herself and be the only person she could be which is Beyoncé. Prior to her receiving hate and learning to do as she pleased, she released a statement to the public addressing the issue. It was very brief, she didn't put anyone's business out because it was not her place and that's simply something she didn't do. She just addressed that she's grown and she didn't regret anything that she's done. Shit, she wasn't the one who was in a relationship, she was a single woman.

"I'm so proud of you Bey." Nicki said excitedly

"Thank you." Beyoncé smiled.

"Beyoncé can I speak with you for a moment." A lady said, Beyoncé wasn't sure who she was but she looked like someone important.

"Sure." Beyoncé said unsure not knowing how this conversation was going.

"I'm Sydney Ramirez from the National Chamber of Italian Fashion." She said extending her hand for Beyoncé to shake which Beyoncé returned.

"Hi nice to meet you." Beyoncé smiled.

"If you don't know the organization I'm with coordinates the Milan Fashion Week. I was hoping if you're willing to have House of Deréon in the Milan Fashion Week." Sydney said.

"You want House of Deréon in Milan Fashion Week, I can't believe this is happening." Beyoncé squealed.

"Well it's happening." Sydney smiled, "If you could just give me your number and email we could get everything set up."

Beyoncé talked to Sydney for about 5 more minutes until Sydney had to go. Beyoncé couldn't believe that her designs were getting featured in the Milan Fashion Week.

After Sydney left Beyoncé told Nicki everything that happened.

"We have to celebrate." Nicki said.

"I know but not tonight, I'm tired. Friday night?"

"I have plans Friday, how about Saturday?" Nicki said.

"Saturday is perfect." Beyoncé smiled.

Beyoncé stayed at the House of Deréon working and watching everyone enjoy their selves until it was time to close.

Today was a long day and Beyoncé was extremely tired. She's been running around since 6am and it's going on 10pm since she had to clean up and pick up dinner.

When Beyoncé unlocked the doors to her condo she seen that the lights were off but she could hear the tv. She placed the food she got from Olive Gardens Takeout onto the kitchen counter.

She walked into the living room and seen Jay watching tv and their 1 year old son Jayden sleeping. A couple weeks after she confronted Jay she found out she was pregnant. She didn't know whether to keep the baby, abort it, or even put it up for adoption. She was feeling so many emotions, scared, happy, worried. Beyoncé was so scared she didn't tell Jay until she was 6 months.

"How was he?" Beyoncé asked.

"Bad as hell." Jay chuckled.

"That sounds like Jayden Carter." Beyoncé laughed.

"How was it?" Jay asked.

"It was great, my designs are going to be in the Milan Fashion Week." Beyoncé smiled.

"That's great. When is it?" Jay asked.

"I don't know all the details yet, I'll probably bring Jayden though." Beyoncé said.

"You busy Friday night?" Jay asked her as Beyoncé picked up Jayden.

"No, why?" Beyoncé said before going into Jayden's room and putting him in his bed.

"I wanna take you out."

"Like a date?" Beyoncé asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't know about that." Beyoncé said slowly.

Jay was so happy when he found out Beyoncé was pregnant. One because he was happy to have a child and two because it meant Beyoncé would be in his life forever. He never tried to get with Beyoncé or ask her out until now because it's been a year and he was tired of waiting so he decided to shoot his shot, again.

"Please, just this one time." Jay begged.

"Fine but I'm only saying yes because I'm in a good mood." Beyoncé smiled.

***
Beyoncé and Jay sat across from each other just looking at one another. Neither of them knew what to say, it was kind of awkward.

"This is a nice restaurant." Beyoncé said looking around.

"Yeah, I know." Jay said.

"How's life?" Beyoncé asked.

"Great."

"Do you still talk to Ciara?"

"Nope. Do you still talk to Bernice?" Jay asked.

"We fell off, she was too much for me." Beyoncé said. "Enough of you asking questions, why did you want to have dinner?"

"I want to work things out." Jay said.

"I said I need time."

"It's been a year, how much time do you need? Jay said, frustratedly.

"If I'm not mistaken you want me, keyword me, to consider working things out, if I were you I would chill with the attitude." Beyoncé said.

"I apologize. It's just that I miss you, your smile, your laugh, your personality, everything." Jay said.

"I do have a nice smile." Beyoncé smiled which made Jay laugh. "How hard are you wiling to work to get me back?"

"I've been watching porn for a year, I'm willing to work my ass off." Jay said which made Beyoncé laugh.

"Fine." Beyoncé smirked.

"Yes, thank God." Jay said relieved.

"Not so fast. We are not in a relationship, we are not dating, we are simply testing the waters, getting to know each other, we will take things slow." Beyoncé said.

"Whatever it takes."

~~~~
❓Do you think Beyoncé made the right decision

📍Welp this is the end of the book, thanks for reading ❤️

📍Also Agony won the vote by a landslide so go add that to your library 👌🏾.

✨Comment, Vote, and Share!