His Blushing Bride

Hello everyone, did you miss me? I missed you guys A LOT!
Am back after a lot of time, my dad wasn't well so was busy with all that & especially traveling all over from India and back to US. In the morning I thought to write something & continue with it so am back here with something steamy. Check it out! ;)

About the interview book, I will be back with that too shortly. I need time to cope up with it slowly.

________________________________________

The crowd, full of relatives, friends, and family applauded as the newly wed couple ascended the stairs, as a symbolism of the end of the ceremonies, and the beginning of a healthy, childbearing marriage.

Swara loosely held Sanskar's hand, nervous of what was to happen next. Nervous and angry, to be correct. How could her parents force her to marry a man? What happened to child hood stories of love?

She looked down as the sounds of cheering silenced. The stone walls, luminescent with hung torches, surrounded them as they walked up the stairs. The dark red carpet lined the floor, leading them to the room where they would legitimate their marriage. Once they reached the top of the stairs, she faltered as she saw the door to the couples' room at the end of the corridor.

Sanskar's hand held her tighter, sensing her tension. He stopped and faced her. She was still looking down, now blushing under his sight. She hated it. Why had she to marry now? At the tender age of 18. She was not ready for this! She had heard of girls willing to give themselves away to men, desiring a man's touch. She was a quiet, independent girl that did not have such cravings. She just wanted the simplicity of her life, cooking, cleaning, reading, and singing.

And him, of all men! As the small town's blacksmith, he was all brawn. As he stood in front of her, she felt he was more than a foot taller than her and twice her size. His arms were gigantic, full of muscle and his chest, with curly hair showing through his collar, was like a huge field. She felt small, insignificant, and overwhelmed in his presence. Other women would be attracted to such a height and build, but she could not help but feel intimidated. She imagined herself with someone as small as her frame.

He seemed to be an athletic type, unconcerned with the beauty of poetry, the loveliness of nature, and the social events taking place of the time. He seemed to barely speak at all, except for the occasional grunt. He was solely devoted to his work, despite the amount of women who fawned over him. His life was the metal he worked with.

It was one day, and to her unfortunate day, that he happened to look up from pounding of metal at Swara, who had casually walked by to pick up an order made by her father.

She had come by, in a simple dress, hair down.

"Excuse me, sir. I have come to pick up an order by Mr. Gadodia."

"Mhm," he grunted, still pounding at the metal. After a few minutes, when he was down, he went over and grabbed the order. Without looking at her, he handed it over.

"Thank you, sir." She said politely. Before she walked away, he looked up at her. She was taken aback - he seemed so indifferent and aloof that eye contact surprised her. He kept looking, intensely. She didn't know what to do - why was he looking at her for so long? She immediately looked down and blushed.

"Thank you," she repeated under her breath, and walked away, still feeling his eyes follow her.

The next day, she was to be married to Sanskar Maheshwari.

She was still looking down at the top of the stairs, hoping that this was all some dream she could wake up from. He walked a step closer, and she trembled. He held her hand tighter and started to lead her towards the room. She grabbed onto her necklace her grandmother had given her. She was a great woman, and would have probably given her good advice about this. She gently tugged on his arm as he pulled her towards the room; she didn't want to go.