n i n e .

S A T O M I

"These therapy sessions is to help you all." Dr. Reid said. Simone leaned back in her seat watching the twins play Uno.

Her parents and Grandma were sitting on the couch beside her. None of them really said anything except for Grandma.

"This all started with the disappearance of your daughter, correct?" Dr. Reid asked pointing at Mama and Daddy.

Mama nodded. "Yes." "And you left for a year?" She asked writing something down in her notes. "..Yea." Mama mumbled.

"I understand that, you're a mother that lost their first child-" "That doesn't give her the right to leave." Daddy spoke up.

Everyone looked at him including the twins. "You would've did the same-" "No." Daddy shook his head. Mama sighed.

"How do you feel about her leaving Mr. King?" Dr. Reid asked. "I feel like she was only thinking about herself." Daddy said.

"I was not." Mama furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Whatever." Mama scoffed folding her arms. "Simone how do you feel?" Dr. Reid asked.

"I feel like this family would never be the same." She repeated what she told Grandma. "Why..do you feel that way?" Dr. Reid asked.

Simone looked up at her. "Is a family ever the same after they lose a member?" Simone asked. Everyone was silent.

"No, but dont you want to try-"

"What's the point? My sister is dead,  my mother abandoned us, my father is a drunk, and I'm pregnant... do you think all of this would've happened if my sister didn't leave?"

"I thought she disappeared Simone?" Dr. Reid said. Simone sighed. "No, she's dead." "And what if they find her?  Would you be happy?" She asked.

Simone shrugged. "Of course, but she's not alive.. I told you that."

"Do you blame your sister for what's happening to your family Simone?" Dr. Reid asked.

Simone looked at our parents. "Yes, yes I do."

~

Carter scrolled through his computer when his door opened. He sighed without turning around. 

"Mama, I'm not hungry." He said slightly annoyed. "Well I'm pretty hungry." Sasha said. Carter turned around and froze. "Your Mom let me up here."