Chapter 21

In StarClan all was peaceful. Spirits were visiting Clanmates in their dreams. But one cat in StarClan was worried. Mintfoot sat wide eyed, in shock and horror. "I can't reach him.. I-I can't reach him anymore!" He yowled.

"Mintfoot what are you-" a she-cat dashed to his side and thrusted her muzzle in worry towards him.

"It's Rowan Mistclaw...he... he." He didn't finish the words.

The gray starry she-cat stared at him. "Well? Speak up!" She ordered.

"He wants nothing to do with StarClan." Mintfoot replied.

Mistclaw stared at him. "What..? I-Impossible!" She yowled. Why doesn't he believe?"

"Because you can go where you please." Rowan stood in front of them. The cats all stared at him in alarm.

"This is my last moment I shall ever see all of you. You let Petalstar continue her reign of terror! To exile me! Her kit! And kill him!" He snarled.

"Do you think we like the fact that she killed him anymore than you?" The she-cat growled. "I will never walk in StarClan's light. RowanClan will stand alone. Without you. You look down on us and allow these things to happen!" Rowan declared.

Mintfoot stared in complete surprise. How dare he blame them for Petalstar's cruel deeds? "Petalstar decided to do all of what she's done!" He argued with his brother.

"Liar! Don't play mossball with me! You allowed me to be exiled, and now Lilypetal is dead! I shall never look to the stars ever again." His mew was low. Wordlessly, Rowan turned away and left the starry cats staring at him in shocked silence.

"What do we do now?" Mistclaw asked. Mintntfoot jumped as he saw Witheredkit sitting by his side now. "You remember the prophecy don't you? They will be the ones to stop her." She mewed.

Mintfoot blinked at his small littermate in shock. "But.. Rowan turned his back on us." He meowed to the small she-kit.

"The prophecy shall come true. It will come true. These Clans will all witness the truth. The seeds, they will grow but it will be long, and it will be difficult." She mewed, her voice carrying the wisdom of a StarClan cat that even made Mintfoot's fur stand on end.

"These seeds will fulfill the prophecy." Mintfoot mewed, lifting his head. The shock and betrayal of Rowan's declaration of him turning his back on StarClan, his ancestors seemed to ebb away.

More and more as he looked down on the forest. "I might not be able to reach Rowan's dreams, but if that's what it takes in order to fulfill this sign, then I shall do what ever it takes." He vowed.

"Three seeds will be sown within the withering tree." Witheredkit mewed.