-Chapter 6-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Six

"And don't believe narcissism, when everyone projects
And expects you to listen to them"
Sick Boy | The Chainsmokers

Lilla

[Two Weeks Ago - April 24th, 2018]

Me: I'm still in shock. That was pure insanity, I send to the group chat I have with my friends, sitting on my bed with homework sprawled out in front of me. But I'm struggling to concentrate after the days events.

Bianca's response buzzes in first.

BiBi: Me too girl. I'm so sorry that u got caught in that. Fucking Jason needs to chill

After reading the message, my heart plummets to my stomach. I read over the text more times than I've listened to Adele's 25 album. Over and over until I finally get some kind of a grasp on what Bianca just said.

"Fucking Jason needs to chill."

"Needs to chill."

"Fucking Jason."

The sound of my stomach churning is drowned out by more vibrations from my phone. Allie and Shayla.

Allison Alexandra Alana: I second that, B. Y doesn't he just leave ppl alone? What a dick.

Shayyyyyyyyyyyy: tru dat. Poor Charlie. His nose is broken, right? He had a great nose. Oof

My hands are shaking. My head is pounding. I'm filled with a fire and an anger that can't be expressed over text, and won't even be covered by all caps. They don't know what happened. They're judging, they didn't see it, and they don't believe that it was the stupid popular guy who is the most obnoxious, annoying person in our grade, but everyone thinks he's funny.

Unpopular opinion: He's an infuriating, insecure prick.

Me: what the hell is wrong with you guys?! Charlie started it. I was THERE. He brought up Jason's brother and you dumbasses don't even try to imagine that Jason is in a shitty place. Imagine if you were in his shoes that night. This is disappointing.

I hit send before I loose my courage. Some might say that what I said was harsh, but I'm a harsh person when I get pissed.

Then, I remember another thing, and my fingers dart across the screen of my phone, typing out a final message before I ignore the tsunami of texts I know are coming.

Me: Charlie also threw me on the ground, as you saw when you came outside. The scrape in my knee hurts like a bitch and is fire truck red. Thanks for asking.

I throw my phone to the end of the bed, aggressively, and it hits the big decorative pillow I keep there, sliding down after the thud of hitting the pillow. The phone vibrates over and over and over, and then a new vibration tone comes in, telling me I have a call coming in. I recognize the pattern as Piper's, so I hesitantly answer.