Author's Note - March 2018

Welcome! The Claw is the third in a saga of five planned novels taking place in my fantasy world of Legea. The first of these, The Journey, is currently submitting to literary agents and I have taken it down, all but the first three chapters. Its sequel, The Village, I completed a short while ago and will be removing from Wattpad in about a month. If you want to get a look at what I consider publish-worthy material, you are welcome to read them. XD

Haven't read the first two? Don't worry! This book, if not a stand-alone per se, is more a stand-alone than was The Village. If you choose to read, you will miss some background information and may find the first chapter a tad confusing, but you will not lack any of the essentials to the story and I may venture to say you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.

All the same, I STRONGLY encourage you to read the prior books, or as much of them as you are able, in order to give you a better sense of the characters.

This is a draft! Any suggestions and criticism are welcome. Just please be nice about it. I'm a person *cough* not a robot.

Final note: My previous two books I consider to be fairly mild content-wise, probably ages 10+. However, I have rated this book PG-13 for depictions of intense emotional trauma and some dark-ish themes, as well as mild violence and scary images.

Again, welcome, and thank you for *virtually* picking up this book. I hope you enjoy The Claw!

Disclaimer 3/30/18: This book has been known to cause severe trauma, heartbreak, and occasionally death in readers, whereupon subsequent comments/votes have been sent from the grave. The author waives all responsibility for such occurrences. Complaints will be forwarded to the inbox of whichever character is deemed most culpable at the author's discretion.

*THE CLAW IS AN ORIGINAL WORK BY THIS AUTHOR, AND AS SUCH IS PROTECTED BY U.S. COPYRIGHT LAW. THE IDEAS, CHARACTERS, AND PLACES WITHIN ARE SOLE PROPERTY OF VERITY A. BUCHANAN. THEY MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR, EXCEPT IN SHORT EXCERPTS(NOT EXCEEDING 2000 WORDS), SUCH AS MAY BE USED IN QUOTATIONS, REVIEWS, ETC.*

© Verity A. Buchanan, 2014 - 2018. All Rights Reserved.