Nueve

Ka Suo studied the flute, holding it up close. There's no doubt that it's the one that he gave to his brother. "How did you get this?"

Tian Jin stopped studying the throne looking around when he heard that. "It was given to me by a friend."

"Friend?"

Tian Jin nodded. "A man that I met in the mortal realm. He was travelling too. He told me was doing it to recover his lost memories."

Shi, Ka Suo said in his mind. So you are in the mortal realm... "That man how is he?"

"Hmm... Healthy and happy. It seems like he enjoys travelling like I do."

Ka Suo became silent after that. Inside he was debating whether to still find his brother or not. If Shi is currently happy with his life now, do I dare take that happiness away from him? Shi had gone through a lot and the peacefulness in their kingdom right now is not guaranteed.

His eyes then focused on the man in front of him who was busy studying the throne room. He let out a small smile. Why do I feel at ease with him? Yet he has this ominous aura around him. Can I really trust his words? But the flute is with him...?

Ka Suo sighed in confusion, making the man look at him. "Why don't you stay here for a while as a guest?"

"I would love to." Tian Jin answered, smiling.

Suddenly someone barged in to the throne room...

"Pardon me, Your Majesty. But it's an emergency." The soldier said out of breath.

"What is it?" Ka Suo asked quickly standing up.

"It's the fire princess. Princess Lan Shang found her floating on the infinite ocean."

Ka Suo wasted no time. He quickly left. Tian Jin followed him. Worry and fear in his heart.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

A crowd surrounded Yan Da and Lan Shang. Many were curious as to why the mermaid princess is desperately trying to save the other. When they heard that Yan Da belongs to the infamous fire clan, enemy of the ice tribe.

They were more surprised when the king came. Fear and worry are evident in his eyes.

"Did someone call Huang Tuo?" they heard him ask, crouching down and taking the fire princess in his arms.

"Yes, Your Majesty. He's on his way." The guards answered. Not at all bothered by their king's actions, making the people of Sacred Snow Mountain more curious.

When the king was gone with his companions, questions were asked.

"What's going on? I thought the fire tribe is an enemy of the ice tribe?" one asked.

"They are enemies." A guard answered. "But the fire princess is an exception."

"An exception?"

"The other leaders of the tribe see her as an ally."

"How come?" another asked.

"Because she helped them in a lot of ways and she's the king's younger brother's chosen."

The crowd then became silent after that.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Sweat dripped down Huang Tuo's forehead, trying to heal the deepest wounds on the fire princess body. The others were outside, waiting.

"What happened to her?" Ka Suo asked pacing back and forth. Anger in his eyes. The hand print on Yan Da's cheek and arms didn't escape him nor the eyes of the others.

Lan Shang and Li Luo looked down at the floor. They couldn't help but feel sorry for the fire princess. Tian Jin is in a corner trying to hide his fury.

"Your Majesty," a voice then said, entering the room.

"Xing Jiu, Luna, Chao Ya." Ka Suo said, greeting them.

"We heard what happened. How is she?"

"Huang Tuo isn't done checking on her yet?" the king replied, clenching his fists. He should have just let her stay in here. An owl then suddenly swooped in front of them.

"Avi?"

"Coo." The owl said. Its eyes then glowed, showing them what happened.