Mates and Mating

Mates are like soulmates. Each werewolf has a mate. The mates are their destined soulmates and they chosen by the moon goddess (their god). Werewolves usually find their mate after their first shift which is usually between the age 16-17. Mates are very possessive of each other especially the male.

Q. How does the werewolf know their mate?
Ans. Their mate's sent is very strong and very addictive to them. They feel tingles and sparks when they touch. In addition to the also feel each other emotions.

Bond
Now after they find their mates they can feel each other emotions. Werewolves then go through the marking process where the male-wolf bites his mate in the place in between the shoulder and neck. After the marking process their bond grow stronger in which now they can not feel each other emotions but also read each other thoughts too. A werewolf can bring up a wall in his brain so that his mate can't feel his emotions or read his thoughts. The bond is not only between their human side but also between their wolves.

Rejection
In case one mate doesn't want another the reject them and say : I, his/her name reject you his/her mate's name as my mate. After rejection they feel immense pain and it can kill the wolf I they are weak. But the rejection process isn't complete until the rejected mate accepts the rejection. Until then a mate can take back his rejection.