Ja'far X(Determined)Reader: Part 1 (Fluff)

Work. You had to hurry and finish the two large piles of paper work. If you didn't finish the paperwork, then Ja'far would take back over as soon as he got back from town with Sinbad. You where tired of seeing the man look so exhausted and tonight was a festival at that, you wanted him to enjoy himself without a care in the world. So you jumped behind the desk while he was away in an attempt to finish it before he got back. Wishful thinking right? 

Thankfully an hour passed and he wasn't back. Somehow, miraculously you made a dent in the first pile. You kept going, determined to finish it all.

Why should you care though? It wasn't your own paperwork after all. You couldn't help but feel bad for the man, or rather, couldn't help having some sort of feeling towards him. Since you started working in the palace, you saw how hard Ja'far worked, yet he still managed to balance time for everything else as well. He was devoted, loyal, and cared for his friends deeply. How could no one want such a man? 

If it wasn't for Hinahoho finding you on a mission in Delhinmar as a slave, you never would have been hired to work in the palace. Often calling you his "little warrior", as he found you fighting some thugs your owner hired after you had managed to escape. You where afraid at first of the large man, but he assured you he would do no harm, and took you back with him to Sindria. After beating the crap out of the thugs of course.

Finally, you finished the first pile. And pressed on. You HAD to get this done before Ja'far came back!

 At first you started as a servant in the palace working in the Purple Leo Tower, thanks to Hinahoho, then somehow you got promoted to working under Ja'far as an errand runner. Courtesy of Sinbad and Ja'far of course. Seeing as you took the job seriously, you where quite literally an errand runner. Ja'far took notice and decided to "promote you" once again as more of an under study, as well as, letting you know walking was fine and nothing was going to happen to you if you didn't run. 

Once you started, Ja'far quickly discovered you had little skills in writing and the fact you also didn't know much of anything else either. Ja'far often took the time to refine what little writing you knew and to help expand your vocabulary skills. He went as far as teaching basic math, proper manners, geography, and even what he knew to do in the office and the paperwork along with it. If it wasn't for Ja'far, you wouldn't know anything. You owed him a lot. At least you felt you did. You've been his under study for two years now and wouldn't have it any other way. 

Almost half way on the second pile. Must finish...!

Sinbad would often tease you saying you where like Ja'far's "shadow" as you weren't too far behind him anywhere he went. This usually made Ja'far smile a bit with pride. The teasing went so far ,however, as to say the two of you should marry. Which, the others happily joined in. You could never catch Ja'far's reaction to this particular teasing though, as he'd turn his head away with his sleeves in front of his face or he was sure to be ahead of you the whole time. 

Hinahoho loved the idea of you two being married as he would be a "grandpa" once the two of you had children. Apparently, his wife took in Ja'far as a child and raised him like her own. Hinahoho loved boasting how his wife Rurumu had taught Ja'far everything he knew when she was alive, even going as far as saying her knowledge was passed down to you.

It was true you had feelings for Ja'far, was it really noticeable though? You did spend almost all of your time with him watching and learning. Occasionally you'd deliver lunch, but it wasn't everyday. If so, did Ja'far know? Did he feel the same? No, you where positive he didn't. If he did know and he felt the same in return, he would have told you, right?