Chapter 10

~Jackie~

I slowly started to drift off to sleep. When I woke up I saw Master standing in front of me, I could tell he was having a boner and the way his smile turned into smirk. I leaped on my feet and started to run but he caught me by the arm before I could. I struggled to get out of his grasp but it was impossible. Just when I was about to give up hope a brown figure jumped and caught the Master's neck in its mouth. I realized that it was a bear but when I tried to pull Master away from the bear, the bear clawed me in the stomach. I scream at the pain and crawled toward a tree, I hid behind it. I could see Amelia hiding behind a tree in the distance, what a bitch. I knew the bear was done with its feast when blood was flowing over the snow. I couldn't hide here soon the bear will catch my scent and come and charge at me. I decided to get up and run although I couldn't see much the wind was blowing the snow wildly in all kinds of directions. But I kept running, I was losing a lot of blood at the moment and blood was leaving a trail for the bear to follow. I heard faint footsteps then they began to become faster and louder until I knew the bear was on my tail. I tripped on a stick and stumbled down a pit. I fell and landed on my back. The bear jumped down and landed within a few inches of my face. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I was unconscious.

                                                                     ~~

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a white light. Am I in heaven? Good, I'm tired of suffering; my life has been nothing but damage. But I was wrong; I sat up in the bed and looked around. I'm in a hospital. I looked to my side and saw Nate. All of a sudden my anger died out and I acted like we’ve been friends forever.

"What happened?"

"It's a long story."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere important." Actually I'm not going anywhere at all.

He sighed and explained how when I went unconscious he found me and began to fight the bear till death. He a had spear and used it to plunged it into the bear’s chest. He fell dead on the cold, dead, white, coated snow. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the hospital the whole time. I was amazed; the hospital must’ve been miles away from the forest. I asked him how he found me. He answered that when he and Rosh woke up and recognized the situation, Rosh said that he saw a man go into the forest a couple of days ago. He described the figure to him and it matched Master’s features. I must've been pretty stupid when I was back at home. Maybe he does need a second chance considering the fact that he carried me all the way to the hospital all by himself without a coat or a jacket. I owed him an apology.

"Nate, about what I said-"

"Don't, I deserved every bit of it. I was wrong to cheat on you like that and I'm sorry but that's not going to change anything, is it?"

I shook my head."But we can still be friends." Uh, I hate that word, especially after I just broke up with my ex.

"Yeah....friends."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

He wobbled as he got up from the chair, when he started to walk that's when I notice the difference between him. He was walking very slowly I mean really slow. He also had a cane in his right hand. And I think it was hurting him to walk, I didn't ask him what was wrong because I was afraid what the answer might be or that he’ll lie to me to get me not to worry. So I stuck with he got an injury by the bear on his leg and he has to have a cane and walk slowly if he wants to walk at all. The next person that entered the room is the very person I didn’t want to see in a lifetime.