The Adopted Miracle

As a hooded figure approached the castle of the King and Queen, the wailing of a foal could be heard. Chrysalis awakened softly as she heard the faint wails from the cold rainstorm outside. Chrysalis galloped towards the window, hoping to find the foals' parent. Nothing. As she opened the door, Chrysalis gasped as she saw the poor newborn wailing softly. In instinct, she picked up the foal and brought it inside. She tried to calm the foal down, "Shhshhshh... It's okay, it's okay.". She cooed. The newborn was shivering. Chrysalis wrapped her in Sombra's old cloak, making her yawn softly. She was perfect. She knew who her parents were. Cadence and Shining Armor. Chrysalis cradled her as she fell asleep. Sombra then came down the stairs, yawning, "Chrys, What's going on?". Sombra's eyes widened as he saw Chrysalis hold the little filly in her hooves. "Chrys? Who's child is this...?". He whispered. Chrysalis looked into his eyes, showing her pity for the poor filly. Sombra sighed, then smiled. He caressed her cheek. "So... What should we name her?". Chrysalis asked. Sombra thought about it for a moment, then replied, "Crystalline...". Crystalline then opened her eyes halfway. Sombra's eyes swelled with tears of joy as he saw Crystalline's bright blue eyes gazing at her surroundings. She reached for Chrysalis as she made faint sounds of curiosity. chrysalis nuzzled their new daughter. "I shall get some adoption papers, love.". Sombra whispered. Chrysalis smiled softly.