The Birth Of Starburst

original by dragonfoxgirl

He held his newborn daughter in his hooves carefully. Listening to her faint cry, she was so warm and soft. Her scent was sweet and filled him with happiness. There she was, in front of him, so tiny, so fragile, so beautiful. His Daughter.

She cried a little bit louder, not sure to what to do to calm her he brought her closer to his chest and enveloped the space around them with his wings. Her wails calmed a bit.

"You must be hungry. Sorry but mommy has to rest for a bit"

He felt a little weird talking to his newborn like that. The poor thing could not understand him, but still he kept whispering to her as he continued admiring her.

"I'm your Daddy you know that? I'm going to take good care of you. I'm going to teach you how to fly and I'm gonna take you to school and help you with your homework. I bet you are as smart as mommy"

The little filly stopped her cries and picked up her ears to the sound of his voice. She moved her front hooves until they were free of the blankets envelopment. She whimpered just a little, enough to make Flash once again panic, not knowing what to do he lowered his face and gently nuzzled the tiny baby.

He listened to her heartbeat, strong and steady. He smiled as the her cries once again stopped. He was just so happy, so relieved that both she and Twilight were ok.

"You have such pretty big wings.You made me and mommy worry a bit though because the you are so tiny. Daddy's very proud and happy and exited and..."

He got overwhelmed by his emotions quickly. Tears streaming down his face, he laughed a bit to loudly, causing his baby to wail again.

"sorry my baby. I guess Daddy is even more of a crybaby than you"

He rubbed his face gently with hers. He snuffled her tiny scruff of mane. His heart skipped a beat when he opened his eyes to see another tiny pair looking straight at him. Purple bright half opened eyes scanned him.

The little filly let out a a faint sound of curiosity. Flash laughed as he began to cry once more.

"Hi there, My little Starburst"