16

Rosie had been up since 6 in the morning, her nerves getting the best of her as she chewed at her thumb, her eyes on her phone waiting for the text that told her she could leave her house and join the attractive male in the car, her most likely convinced his mom to let him borrow for the day.

When the clock read 11:38 Rosie had been pulling on her jacket and heading out the door, her thumbs working to reply to Lucas, alerting him she'd be out in a second.

Lucas was nervous too. He had somehow convinced himself that this was an unspoken breakfast date that most likely wouldn't end until night and he had to do whatever he could to keep the good impression he had left the first time they hung out. He wanted to make sure that Rosie felt the same about him and wasn't going to leave him in the dust and go back to David. . . though he still wasn't sure if they were even dating to begin with.

"Hey."Rosie greeted, opening the car door, happy that Lucas had gotten his licence and could legally drive the two of them so they wouldn't have any awkward silences due to uncomfortable parents and questions. Lucas replied with a small "Hi" and a smile.

+ + +

"Oh my God!" Was heard through out the Denny's the teenagers sat in. Rosie's laugh following delicately, her head tossed back, her hands on her stomach, and tears forming in her eyes. The boy across from her, however, was un-amused as he had stood quickly and grabbed a napkin, rubbing his shirt, which was now covered in orange juice. Rosie had reached for the pepper and knocked her glass into his, knocking both glasses over into Lucas' lap. She found it hilarious, apologizing after she had a laughing fit watching him try to dry himself. "I'm so sorry!" Lucas just playfully rolled his eyes. "Mmhm, sure you are." He huffed and threw the napkins down on the table in defeat. "I'm gonna get you back for this, King." "Love to see you try, Zumann."

                       .

this is just a filler, sorry man.